Wrasse for 20 gallon?

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive already had a yellowfin flasher wrasse in my 20 gallon and have looked at the possum and pink streake but are there any other wrasse which could fit in a tank this size?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo you have not alot of choices there... Pink streaked or possum are almost the only wrasses you can keep in such a tank long term I'd say.
I agree with this, however short term (1 year or so) you could have the smaller fairies or leopards, I recommend against flashers - They dash into things in smaller tanks.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with this, however short term (1 year or so) you could have the smaller fairies or leopards, I recommend against flashers - They dash into things in smaller tanks.
I thought about a leopard but they get 5 inches and wrasses from what ive experienced roam the tank so its not fair. I dont want to be cruel im just wondering if there are any alternatives.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about a leopard but they get 5 inches and wrasses from what ive experienced roam the tank so its not fair. I dont want to be cruel im just wondering if there are any alternatives.

I would re-home the flasher. They are small but very active swimmers that will use every inch of a 3-4 foot tank. Possum wrasse or pink streaked are really the only responsible options in this size tank. They are cool little fish though!

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would re-home the flasher. They are small but very active swimmers that will use every inch of a 3-4 foot tank. Possum wrasse or pink streaked are really the only responsible options in this size tank. They are cool little fish though!
I dont actually have the flasher anymore, i bought him at adult or terminal phase and died. He was 4 inches and yea did use a lot of the tank but mostly chilled infront of the wavemaker.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 line and possum wrasse are probably your only options
Cryptic sixline*
the regular six line (Or even any of the pseudocheilinus wrasses) wouldn’t do well unless there was an insane amount of rockwork in there stopping aggression

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cryptic sixline*
the regular six line (Or even any of the pseudocheilinus wrasses) wouldn’t do well unless there was an insane amount of rockwork in there stopping aggression
Your right. I personally think the possum wrasse would be fine but i didn't think of the regular 6 line

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right. I personally think the possum wrasse would be fine but i didn't think of the regular 6 line
Would anyone say that there is one wrasse that is better then the other? This is between the possum and pink streak.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink streak are a bit more bold imo… hard to find though.

captainbeardly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a 6 line in my sons waterbox 20 for a couple of years now without any issue and has about 15lbs of rock in the tank. He sleeps in the rocks but is pretty chilled during the day

Back