Wyoming White Clown EMERGENCY

cac0ethes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I picked up a young Wyoming White Clown a few days ago. Just a few minutes ago I checked on the tank and he is swimming nose down I thought maybe the return pump was a bit to strong as he was swimming down right below the overflow. I turn it off it has been about 20 minutes and he still has not returned to normal. His nose is super pale. Not sure if this is swim bladder related. The tank has been set up for 2 weeks I used Dr. Tims to speed up the cycle. I just did a 50% water change yesterday. Not sure just don't wanna lose the little guy. He also ate brine shrimp yesterday and today. Just as i'm writing this he seems to have returned to normal swimming habits however he is still very pale.

WIN_20200822_23_09_00_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_23_09_03_Pro.jpg WIN_20200822_23_09_06_Pro.jpg

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your water parameters and if you can, if it happens again, try getting a video.
It could be anything from swim bladder issues to stray voltage. We need a little more info :)

OP
OP
cac0ethes

cac0ethes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a ammonia kit, However my nitrite is .2 ppm. I don't feel any stray voltage. I will test it with my volt meter. I don't know if it will pick up anything.

OP
OP
cac0ethes

cac0ethes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn't pick up anything. It is warm enough inside I unplugged the heater and return pump.

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don’t have any info really to help you here. Need to know all parameters. If you have nitrite, it doesn’t seem like your tank is cycled which is likely the issue.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! My nightmare, trying to identify ich on a white clown (grin). Nitrite at .2 isn't an issue in a marine tank (would be fatal in FW). Watch the ammonia though.

Never unplug a heater - you want it to be able to catch a drop in temp. If the tank is too warm, the thermostat will keep the heater from running.

Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back