X-Mas Favia Dying!

Lighting changes can take a long long time to see and a long long time to turn around. I seriously doubt that insufficient lighting is the issue unless your fixture is bad. If your chemistry is as you say than lighting is the next choice. You could always send your water to Triton and get a run down. I doubt you're starving the coral and you know what corals can go next to which so that is not the issue.
 
Lighting changes can take a long long time to see and a long long time to turn around. I seriously doubt that insufficient lighting is the issue unless your fixture is bad. If your chemistry is as you say than lighting is the next choice. You could always send your water to Triton and get a run down. I doubt you're starving the coral and you know what corals can go next to which so that is not the issue.
all the brief somewhat unhelpful info I found was "Moderate" lighting. No par ranges. So its possible it was a bit overdosed w light if anything.

and yes. Now im probably going to buy one.
 
I would keep it n low light for a while till you see it respond better. Let it get back to better health before moving it anymore.
 
Ok Reefer's thank you all for the input. I do have a Seneye Reef Monitor, which has a light meter. How accurate the par readings are I'm not sure. Nothing to compare it too. But where the Favia's been up until yesterday the par reading was just 57. Hence why I was questioning to much light.
 
Find a spot with about 100 par and see what happens.
 
So where it was not doing good was what Par? 75? If that is the case move it to somewhere with a little more light and see how it response. Just take it slow.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new