Xr15 mix and match?

fishface1992

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Messages
41
Reaction score
58
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building a waterbox 190.5 and am going to go with 3 XR15 lights.

Tank will be mixed reef so I was thinking 2 pros and one blue in the middle- anybody have any strong opinions on this?
 
I would choose based on whether you want to run an ab+ blue lighting schedule or more prefer a more natural daylight look. I personally wouldn’t mix them bc ocd would kill it for me, but it can definitely be done.
 
I personally have 3 pros and 1 blue.

Why? Because I bought a deal on eBay from someone selling theirs. They listed two pros and they would throw in a blue for free since they took down their tank.

I have the blue towards the middle of the 4. Honestly you can’t tell a difference at all with an ab+ modified spectrum.

The blue worked out so well I haven’t had a need to replace it with another pro.
 
I always recommend the BLUE because of AB+.

Otherwise i think i would of probably gone with a Hydra64HD.

I run 2 XR30 + a Kessil AP9x knock off for that extra shimmer and the AP9x has a much better Day / Dusk with a Moon ring and a Sun Rise light bar.

If you like Shimmer, id recommend u adding a Kessil or a Kessil type LED to supliment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new