Yay the sales are gone.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so nice to have the home page back to normal and not be sandwiched in between sales adds.
I understand the importance of advertising for revenue and also it helps vendors make us aware of their product. But the length of these sales is just mind numbing. Heck if nothing else tease us for a couple of week's to build anticipation, don't make the darn sale last for weeks. After a couple of days I don't even notice them I just automatically scroll past them.
Rant over. Its good to be back to normal, at least untill the next big marathon sale.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so nice to have the home page back to normal and not be sandwiched in between sales adds.
I understand the importance of advertising for revenue and also it helps vendors make us aware of their product. But the length of these sales is just mind numbing. Heck if nothing else tease us for a couple of week's to build anticipation, don't make the darn sale last for weeks. After a couple of days I don't even notice them I just automatically scroll past them.
Rant over. Its good to be back to normal, at least untill the next big marathon sale.
I was waiting for the YouTube like ads to start rolling in every thread and before and after every single post. They have no idea how frustrating the change was for a blind person that uses a screen reader. Navigating is much different audibly and with the overwhelming volume of sponsor sale posts it was a nightmare. So I’m totally with you on the homepage being back to normal, I was about ready to call it quits.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Be nice if the ads in the email notifications would go away, or at least get smaller.
Many of the emails I get the ads take up more space than the actual email content.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m pretty sure there is a way to remove all that junk. I did it a couple years ago I believe.

Now to find a way to get R2R to stop PMing me

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be nice if the ads in the email notifications would go away, or at least get smaller.
Many of the emails I get the ads take up more space than the actual email content.
OMG I just got a notification email after I posted this and saw that banner. I almost took a screen shot and posted it but decided I had complained enough already.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
OMG I just got a notification email after I posted this and saw that banner. I almost took a screen shot and posted it but decided I had complained enough already.
Yeah I complained about this last week but got scolded.
Something about giving our sponsors some love.

Last edited:
OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found something in Preferences the other day and clicked it. Sounded like it was the way to stop PMs. So we’ll see
Its working for me but I'll be darned if I can even fid out how I did it.

Yeah I complained about this last week but go scolded.
Something about giving our sponsors some love.
$$ I get it. There's no free lunch.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back