OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not just the lights, lots of other stuff go into keeping the colors bright, but radiums certainly do help...I have no experience with radions, so cant say.
Hmm, thanks anyway.
Sorry for the late reply, I can see your post was from last year >_<

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 5 Radions for three years and now a T5 ATI 8 bulb and my yellow is still yellow.
IMO it has to do also with a Low Nutrient tank.
Last year this time I took my ZEO offline and the yellow turned bright/neon green.
Glad I'm back on ZEO, loving all the pastel colors.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 5 Radions for three years and now a T5 ATI 8 bulb and my yellow is still yellow.
IMO it has to do also with a Low Nutrient tank.
Last year this time I took my ZEO offline and the yellow turned bright/neon green.
Glad I'm back on ZEO, loving all the pastel colors.
I've heard about zeo. Does it add or remove nutrients? I certainly have a good amount of nutrients :/

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Is that where the krakatoa paly came from?
Also, very nice piece! But I doubt they ship to canada.
It's just good to hear that yellow acros are out there, I'll probably wait for my LFS to get some type of yellow acro.

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure, but I have seen several acros that came originate from those guys that are awsome. Burning candle acro is a showstopper. You should check out reef raft Canada, I have seen awsome pics of stuff from them. Here is the burning candle
image.jpg

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure, but I have seen several acros that came originate from those guys that are awsome. Burning candle acro is a showstopper. You should check out reef raft Canada, I have seen awsome pics of stuff from them. Here is the burning candle image.jpg
I can't find anything about RR Canada on the internet. Believe me I've tried. If you have any helpful info about them that would be great, I want their jawdropper!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that where the krakatoa paly came from?
Also, very nice piece! But I doubt they ship to canada.
It's just good to hear that yellow acros are out there, I'll probably wait for my LFS to get some type of yellow acro.

Yes that is where the Krakatoa originated-they won't ship international the costs for permits to do so prohibit that. I have a few pieces I've got from MattV that have held the yellow, I saw him today and he had a few topaz frags that were canary yellow, granted he is now running his DIY LEDs and pushing about a 1000 par I believe-it's insane but he has pieces he has got from me that have morphed into a better looking piece.

I run about 350 par and his Topaz pieces I have are still a bright yellow

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they won't ship international the costs for permits to do so prohibit that.
Sometimes I hate being canadian. I swear the one tank that gives me hope is Jourdy's. Lives in the Phillipines (and I don't think Cherrycorals or WWC ship there), still has the nicest tank I've ever seen.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cunareefer thoes are some crazy colors you had on thoes corals, were you using a carbon source? Great stuff!

Asero, the branching porites in your pic will get a green hue in the base just like most acros in a nutrient filled tank. I have been keeping them for a while and its just as tricky to turn all yellow without 10k bulbs and low nutrients. But a great coral, I love porites!

Here is my favorite yellow acro.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cunareefer thoes are some crazy colors you had on thoes corals, were you using a carbon source? Great stuff!

Asero, the branching porites in your pic will get a green hue in the base just like most acros in a nutrient filled tank. I have been keeping them for a while and its just as tricky to turn all yellow without 10k bulbs and low nutrients. But a great coral, I love porites!

What is it?

CUNAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Pedoconfuego,

Thank you for the kind words. I was running the full zeovit system when I took those pics. The carbon source is Zeostart3. Zeostart3 is a combination of nitrate and carbon.

James

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oscaror, I think its a tenuis. Got it from a place that gets nice wild corals and sells frags from them.

Cunareefer, tanks like yours makes me want to experiment with the zeo system on my next tank! It really allows you to get some great colors that you don't see in tanks otherwise. Is there any blue bottle that works well with the vodka vinegar method that will help manipulate colors?

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oscaror, I think its a tenuis. Got it from a place that gets nice wild corals and sells frags from them.

Cunareefer, tanks like yours makes me want to experiment with the zeo system on my next tank! It really allows you to get some great colors that you don't see in tanks otherwise. Is there any blue bottle that works well with the vodka vinegar method that will help manipulate colors?
Well whatever it is, it's beautiful!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any blue bottle that works well with the vodka vinegar method that will help manipulate colors?

Yes there is, Trace Element Complex.

You will find the multiple important minerals in KZ’s Trace Element Complex.
Especially for stony corals.
Extremely growth enhancing
Do not use in combination with the ZEOvit system.
Complex. Especially for stony corals. Extremely growth enhancing.
Do not use in combination with the ZEOvit system.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks, any others that are good options? I do have trouble keeping potasium above 360 even with weekly 30 gallon waterchanges on a 250 gallon system. I go through brightwells potassium very quickly and its still hard to keep it above 400 even when dosing it almost daily. I wonder if using one of their potassium supplements would be easier.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between that and the sea water complex? Sea water complex seems to be the basic elements in any of the average brands. But the trace element complex doesn't say what's in it. Also what about it would make it able to help manipulate colors?

Nomadic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No zeo here....pink lemonade has always been bright yellow for me under T 5 bulbs.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the difference between that and the sea water complex? Sea water complex seems to be the basic elements in any of the average brands. But the trace element complex doesn't say what's in it. Also what about it would make it able to help manipulate colors?

I think you're ready for full ZEO dosing :bigsmile:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes you say that? I have actually just got my nitrates down to seawater levels again by using vodka and vinegar. It went easy up after removing a refugium, and took a few months to bring down using a carbon source.

I wouldn't be able to use stones or use the full zeo system because my fiance keeps a lot of LPS and zoanthids in the same system. I am not confident I could use it and keep the other corals thriving. I would love to start a new tank when we move which I could do full zeo.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back