Yellow Frogspawn

USF-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this unique yellow frogspawn a few weeks now and figured I'd share a photo. I'm hoping to get it to color up a bit more to a gold color. Its next to a frag of regular frogspawn for comparison.
i1xPpND.jpg

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a gold torch, you should kip it a bit further from the frog spawn, they could possibly fight, it looks like a frog spawn now but when it gets more comfortable it'll extend it's yellow tentacles and it'll take the stage in your tank. It's one of my favourite LPS corals.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could look dumb eventually but... I think your right that it's a frogspawn because I see a few branching like double tentacles witch torches normally don't have.
Imo it's Euphyllia paradivisa just like your other frogspawn.

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torches sometimes get double tentacles
That's pretty cool I wish mine did, but if you click on the picture you can see there's a few visible branch like tentacles.
I've been searching for a yellow/gold frogspawn for a long time. This could be one or it could just color back up and turn green. Either way it's a nice piece and if it's a gold frogspawn (Euphyllia paradivisa) then I think you scored for sure!

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope your luck is better than mine. I have bought several yellow euphyllia that always turned into the normal green after awhile. IMO the yellow is just a washed out green that will color back to normal green.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty cool I wish mine did, but if you click on the picture you can see there's a few visible branch like tentacles.
I've been searching for a yellow/gold frogspawn for a long time. This could be one or it could just color back up and turn green. Either way it's a nice piece and if it's a gold frogspawn (Euphyllia paradivisa) then I think you scored for sure!
the only yellow frogspawn i've seen was yellow tipped on black tentacles, but my gold torch looked identical to that in the picture before it started extending.

OP
OP
USF-reef

USF-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it's a frogspawn. The tentacle on the outside of the polyp do resemble a torch but the tentacles on the inside have numerous branches like a frogspawn. Its hard to see in the picture but I'll try to get a better one.

jasonandsarah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow tipped hammer. Here's an example of a yellow stem frogspawn/hammerspawn (or whatever lol) from a reefbuilders article.
Pretty similar imo without the cross species characteristics but as I said not the best pic so I could be way off.
76dccd03e205a201b5cd31251c47218b.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back