Yellow watchman question

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my watchmen gony pistol combo for 8 months I bought them both as babies they paired together immediately and would hide in there borro for weeks at a time I must've thought them dead at least 100 times! That's even after reading forums and finding out that they do hide I still swore they were dead!
When my tank came down with Ick 4 months ago and I had to remove all my fish I went on a hunt and found my Gobi when he went into the quarantine tank of course there were no rocks and sand for him to hide in so he was quite visible and comical to watch when he went back in the tank he immediately paired with his pistol friend and this time they were pretty visible most of the time at least once a day or maybe hide for one or two days but you could always hear the shrimp snapping and I can always tell by the sand that there was another opening or another closure always activity.. It is now been almost 2 weeks with no activity I think the sand may look slightly different but nothing obvious.. I also don't seem to hear the pistol shrimp I don't want to jump to conclusions again but it seems weird to me that they were quite visible and active and the go be with swimming out catching food and opening different areas around the rock now to see nothing once again I am worried! Anyone experience this with the Gobi being very visible and then all of a sudden nothing?all parameters are good and my ammonia has not changed so I don't believe anything died in the tank but what is up with them?

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to say. Do you still see any burrows? Maybe try focus feeding around the bottom of the rock work to see if anything appears. That is the thing about some of these inverts and fish. Sometimes they just like to hide and exist in ours tanks without allowing us a glimpse of them. I have a green clown goby that was really shy for the first 3 mths. I started doing what I suggested for you target feeding around the rock work and finally it started to come to the edge of the rocks to eat. Now it associates that tube with food so comes out and perches on the feeding tube whenever it is in the water.

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to say. Do you still see any burrows? Maybe try focus feeding around the bottom of the rock work to see if anything appears. That is the thing about some of these inverts and fish. Sometimes they just like to hide and exist in ours tanks without allowing us a glimpse of them. I have a green clown goby that was really shy for the first 3 mths. I started doing what I suggested for you target feeding around the rock work and finally it started to come to the edge of the rocks to eat. Now it associates that tube with food so comes out and perches on the feeding tube whenever it is in the water.

Well to my delight, yesterday he came out and was swimming all over the tank! Something he/she rarely does! On closer inspection, he looks fatter! Can they have babies? I mean would they lay eggs or something but need the partner t actually have the babies?
Is that a stupid thing to say? :eek:lol What a newbie I still am! Maybe he is a she with babies that obliviously wont happen.
Oh never mind! That's probably ridicules but regardless, its back and I'm very happy!
The funny thing is the pistil was quiet also for a few weeks and while the YWG was swimming around I heard the pistil at least 3 times!
Thanks for your imput! And please disregard mine if its really rediculas:oops:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back