Yet another hitchhiker - nudi I think

  • Thread starter Thread starter robert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
488
Location
Silicon Valley - Ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its about 3/8 of an inch long - been hanging around on the glass above my GBTA for a few days. Fish have seen it - they look - but not interested.
Anyone have any idea if this one is detrimental to any corals? I once heard that their color usually matched their food - if so I have a gorgonia about this color - other than that coraline.

Kinda nice looking -

DSC01593.jpg
 
So the gorgonia is just about this color and has white polyps. He would totally disappear on it - so I guess that's what he eats.
"Something" happened to it a couple of weeks ago - most of it turned to sticks. Its trying a comeback.
I think I found my "something" - lol

Ah well - he wandered off to find another snack - He'll die anyway - so out he comes!
 
Last edited:
Yea, that's a pretty good rule. This time though it looked so darn cool I really debated it for a bit.

I used to be much faster to pull the trigger on stuff I didn't recognize - threw out some harmless, even helpful critters. Now I tend to "sump" what I don't recognize - but your saying is a good one to follow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new