You Still Ordering Livestock?

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 323 32.8%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 189 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 428 43.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 44 4.5%

• Total voters

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been an amazon freak lately ordering all kinds of stuff while I can/just in case and sure enough my state goes on lockdown/shelter in place order tonight a 5:59 p.m. Luckily my workplace is "essential" so I will still have income coming in and be able to get out of house and LFS is also considered "essential" so that's a plus not that I get much from them as SO expensive vs. Amazon literally 60% cheaper on Amazon than LFS. When it comes to ordering corals and fish online I have ordered some corals but not as many as I'd like to as nervous I'll get not what expected and they are pricey.

Snuggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never ordered livestock. But I might start now. Prefer my Lfs as I can se up close and personal. Might need to start.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 leopard wrasses got them Tuesday. Where fine I think. But lasted 2 days so we will try again 1 for 5 on the leopards

Dave Mach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would order if I could find a decent place to do so. Ordered a $170 order from SaltwaterFish.com included Were a Hippo Tank and a group of hermit crab the Hippo did not look right when received so I called. They said to keep an eye on it. It died within guarantee hermits ate body called and they would not do anything. So now I need to hunt a supplier just got a 75 gal I need stock for

r

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don't buy online, but I did go to my LFS today and bought a pair of orange spotted file fish. I did go in the store to get them.

A customer had him order the pair several weeks ago, but had a major tank issue so he couldn't take them. My three main LFS around here have not been really busy.

IMG_20200327_152035.jpg IMG_20200327_152040.jpg IMG_20200327_152048.jpg IMG_20200327_152056.jpg

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFSs didn't have what I was after and didn't have orders coming in this week so I ordered blue tang, flame angel, and an ocellaris clown today from Live Aquaria. Hopefully the arrive healthy.

NatD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Divers Den a few days ago and received them earlier even than expected — 10am the day after ship.

AL210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought 10 frags from Tidal Gardens. Arrived on time the next day. Just washed my hands real good after opening the package.
E385E4EB-FB8A-4EAF-8B96-2290A03E1185.jpeg

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not quite understanding why not? If it’s dry goods, so far so good and I always split between LFS and on line. I have a live fish shipment coming Tuesday and had one delivered 2 weeks ago with no issues. Don’t anticipate any problems and neither does LiveAquaria.

Honeygs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have ordered dry goods and live stock from two different stores. Everything arrived alive and the dry goods arrived early.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not quite understanding why not? If it’s dry goods, so far so good and I always split between LFS and on line. I have a live fish shipment coming Tuesday and had one delivered 2 weeks ago with no issues. Don’t anticipate any problems and neither does LiveAquaria.
3 million plus reasons last week alone with the week's new unemployment claims and look for the same next week as well. Fortunately i'm good, but tons of people are not.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean the virus cant live on non living organisms for a long time at all so its pretty safe unless i guess the delivery person has it
Dude. It can survive days on surfaces. A warm, not to dry, poly-box (styrofoam), that’s shipped overnight could absolutely contain viable virus inside it based on all available evidence. This isn’t even debatable at this point. It’s more a matter of the odds of whether whoever packed it was infected and shed any virus into the package. It certainly possible. How likely it is to happen and to infect you is a different question that I can’t answer.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well I don't buy online, but I did go to my LFS today and bought a pair of orange spotted file fish. I did go in the store to get them.

A customer had him order the pair several weeks ago, but had a major tank issue so he couldn't take them. My three main LFS around here have not been really busy.

IMG_20200327_152035.jpg IMG_20200327_152040.jpg IMG_20200327_152048.jpg IMG_20200327_152056.jpg

absolutely stunning fish, but the fact they it eats corals though ........

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 million plus reasons last week alone with the week's new unemployment claims and look for the same next week as well. Fortunately i'm good, but tons of people are not.
If the question was about someone’s job status and thus having to reprioritize During these uncertain times then of course it is obvious as you say. However I don;t believe the way the question was phrased that it is that at all. It explains “With current events taking place and the priority in shipping changed how many of you are still ordering or have ordered livestock”. My interpretation, and that of others was that the question had to do with concern one may have ordering on line because of delays or chance something might happen due to current events. My point is I don't understand why it w/b a problem and my experience has been good so far. Even though Those feeling hardship because they are one of the 3+ million applying for unemployment in my opinion were not the target of the question, they have my sincere support since I happen to know some of those folks and am already helping and will continue to do so...

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx everyone for the great tips on leaving everything outside, except the fish of course, upon receiving package. I’ve got to start doing that with all packages from now on....I’ll wear gloves too...thx

oldbob50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Responded Other: Placed an order for a fish through a Nashville LFS. Nashville's pretty well shut down but since pet supplies are considered essential right now they may be able to get for me. The particular fish I want comes from a supplier they get shipments from bi-monthly so I'm waiting to see if they can still get it. I don't need anything else right now but I don't think I would order online at this time.

oldbob50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Finally, we need to ask @Humblefish how to treat fish that have tested positive for COVID in QT. JKJKJKJKJKJK on this last one lol."

Don't you listen to the president. You use chloroquine. Just don't use the stuff made for humans. It's bad for fish, very bad for fish.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never ordered livestock online but did think about it when I started working from home and saw some sales going on, but ended up deciding against it for the time being.

My concern is with ordering something non-essential that ultimately results in personnel interactions, directly or indirectly through the package, and potential spread of the virus.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back