You Still Ordering Livestock?

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 323 32.8%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 189 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 428 43.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 44 4.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With current events taking place and the priority in shipping changed how many of you are still ordering or have ordered livestock? I had a cleanup crew order come in last week and everything came in great and on time but that was over a week ago!

1. Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

2. What have you ordered recently and did everything arrive in healthy condition?

still shopping online2.jpg

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still ordering livestock. I have a package coming from Florida on tuesday.
I think as long as you take preventative measures, ordering livestock should be fine.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd like to order some stuff right now because I'm bored, and want to add some corals, and I don't want to drive over to WWC or TSA and go inside (and we're on a stay at home order anyway). But I'm not sure if it's a good idea right now for multiple reasons.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a few items from my LFS today. I'll swing by there tomorrow and pick them up. Curbside :)

Gotta make a liquor store run anyway. Out of Tullamore Dew. With all this sickness going 'round, you never know when you might need a hot toddy :)

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock is on hold for a while, but to be honest, I really don't need anything (except I always WANT something ;Joyful )! I would like to buy another fish or two, but I will be from my LFS after things settle down. My CUC is in good shape. I did participate in several recent live sales and had no issues with shipping/healthy arrival. I have plenty of frozen food, salt, etc. If needed, I will continue to order supplies, but I'll probably hold off on livestock for the time being!

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never bought any critters online. I support my LFS and when things calm down that is where I will be getting any future fish, snails, shrimp, or crabs. I am good with fish but I do try to add some small snails and crabs for my tank now and then for my puffer.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m out of the game now... but...

From a logistics standpoint, FEDEX and UPS are essential businesses, so no real worry on the shipping front.

From a money standpoint, I am out of work for the foreseeable future, even if I wasn’t, I would want to stay very liquid with my money right now and would be very careful about how much I spent.

For dry goods, you could disinfect the box if you’re really worried, or let it sit in your garage for 72 hours. For live goods, that’s a personal decision. I personally wouldn’t be too worried about getting it that way, just wash hands after handling and don’t touch places where a virus can enter your body. Actually, you should do that ALWAYS! :)

Finally, we need to ask @Humblefish how to treat fish that have tested positive for COVID in QT. JKJKJKJKJKJK on this last one lol.

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two shipped orders since **** hit the fan. Both shipped as expected and arrived on time before 10:30 AM. Plenty of social distancing as the UPS driver is usually long gone before I even get to the door. Good time to shop as there are some deals out there and with 43%, so far, of you not ordering they should only get better. Kinda like the stock market... snatched up a bunch of large caps on the low and already making money on the rebound. Granted I'm out of work after Tuesday but that should be fairly short term for what I do. So yeah I might slow down a bit which kinda sucks being I was hell bent on redoing my tank.

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not ordering livestock. Just don't want anything unnecessary coming in the house. Supplier and delivery people handling my order within 24 hours of me. Just to risky. I'll get back to it after this virus stuff.

Dry goods that i can open outside and bleach like crazy. Maybe.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a divers den fish and it arrived at 9:30 am as expected. UPS and FedEx are running on time in the Midwest so far. I did leave all contents outside except for the bag the fish was in. Also have a reef cleaners order coming next week and plan to only take the livestock bags inside.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back