You Still Ordering Livestock?

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 323 32.8%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 189 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 428 43.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 44 4.5%

• Total voters

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With current events taking place and the priority in shipping changed how many of you are still ordering or have ordered livestock? I had a cleanup crew order come in last week and everything came in great and on time but that was over a week ago!

1. Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

2. What have you ordered recently and did everything arrive in healthy condition?

still shopping online2.jpg

I'm only ordering livestock from a local company here in LA where I can pick it up. Definitely not ordering anything to be shipped. Deliveries are sporadic at best and I would hate for any livestock to die because of that.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve placed two orders from Algae Barn for Biota fish. The first order came through. The second order for one fish was sippy to ship Tuesday... haven’t received it yet. The answer from Algae Barn is they have a glitch in their system for drop shipping from Biota. I had them check and it was on the shipping list. Now what?
As of yesterday it has not shipped, no tracking number. There’s a phone and internet access, you’d think between the two companies they could figure it out, right?

Scott Ulrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't need any livestock so no need to order, but I did order a back-up return pump to have on hand just in case deliveries become restricted to necessities only. I have backup heaters and enough salt/frozen food to last another 6 months.

Sarah1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered but was told they cant ship livestock at the moment because the delivery company cant guarantee delivery before midday which is not good for the livestock

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just ordering on an as need basis to keep tanks running. I'm also saving up for a generator. I don't know what's going to happen over the next couple of weeks. I've seen no indication that state and federal governments know what's going on either. So I'm holding funds to make sure we're good for whatever happens.

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got plenty of time and I’m home to receive (work from home and no business travel for the time being) so probably ordering more than usual (or at least looking to order). Got a Battlebox on Tuesday, no issues at all.
UPS likely running more efficient than ever...

Mopartech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received 2 filefish from LiveAquaria today. They’re healthy and swimming in my aquarium.

PHXReefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I just received my order from @FraghouseCorals
The shipment of 20 frags arrived here at 9:30am no problems. And on Tuesday I received a pack from a member on here. Also arrived an hour early no problems.

I am cautious but so long as the weather is good. Also I stay on the west coast where I’m at for shippers just to be extra cautious.

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's actually killing me. I can never usually place orders because there's noone home to receive them. I'm working from home now, so I could actually get the order when it arrives!

But... I just went a few rounds with sick new fish not making it through QT, and I'm still a bit suspicious about some that did, so I'm off of fish for a while (terrible timing!!!)

I'll be putting in a reefcleaners order after the weekend. Maybe I'll order some corals too...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fortunate that the shuttering of much of the US economy has not affected my job (at least not yet). While I imagine it is possible for CV to be passed via packaging, seems highly unlikely if a few prudent steps are taken. All to say I think it is important to continue to support our shared economy and I will continue to order livestock (and supplies).

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still ordering but be cautious not because of covid 19, but being cautious about spending a lot of time with my reef and not making a bunch of impulse buys.

This is probably the best time to buy when I know i have all the time to tinker with and enjoying my reef.

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been also lucky that cv has not affected my job. With that being said I have ordered twice from @PiecesOfTheOcean and have had no issues. I have ordered a denro, jawbreaker, Zoa’s, and Gonioporas. All are doing great. Still trying to train my denro. Time will tell. I just practice being careful about it. Will definitely be buying more.

TILE MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a few items from my LFS today. I'll swing by there tomorrow and pick them up. Curbside :)

Gotta make a liquor store run anyway. Out of Tullamore Dew. With all this sickness going 'round, you never know when you might need a hot toddy :)
Ya I go for one myself hot toddy sounds good update baby shark doing good eating live boast shrimp

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been ordering for a few weeks but now that I’m likely going to be WFH for several months I’m thinking it’s a good time boot up the QT tank :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back