elm03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I noticed a nasty lil worm thing moving, inching its way out of a hole in the rock. Obviously I was curious to see what the heck it was so I turned the tank light on and it shrunk back in the hole. I'm new to saltwater tank keeping so I just want to make sure this isn't a harmful parasite of some kind.... I googled it and there was a few things it told me it could be. I want to make sure I know exactly what it is, since I don't want it to eat the anemone that is living right next to it. Thank you!! :]

IMG_5474.jpg IMG_5475.jpg

OP
OP
elm03

elm03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a regular run of the mill bristle worm. Some people hate them but they’re harmless and a good part of your CUC.
Id really rather not have it in there cause it makes me feel gross lol, but if it won't do anything then I guess it can stay.

Upvote 0

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I noticed a nasty lil worm thing moving, inching its way out of a hole in the rock. Obviously I was curious to see what the heck it was so I turned the tank light on and it shrunk back in the hole. I'm new to saltwater tank keeping so I just want to make sure this isn't a harmful parasite of some kind.... I googled it and there was a few things it told me it could be. I want to make sure I know exactly what it is, since I don't want it to eat the anemone that is living right next to it. Thank you!! :]

IMG_5474.jpg IMG_5475.jpg
Just a normal bristle worm no worries, they make an amazing clean up crew but some people get rid of them, they can multiply quickly so it’s good to control the population

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back