That tank is stocked!

I have something similar, 40B bought years ago during the $1 a gallon sale, used Reef Breeders v1, no sump, HOB filter.

I started in the hobby in 2003 with a UG filter, like you. I had been thinking about a SW tank for over 10 years back then but didn’t understand how to do it. Most pet stores had one tank with Blue Damsels in the back of the fish section. The PC lights were stronger and these fish glowed much brighter than FW fish.

I found Saltwater for Dummies at Barns & Nobles and bought a 29 gallon tank at Walmart, ran over my budget 3x over, then found Reef Lounge, a forum on the Internet much like R2R. Then I joined the Hudson Valley Reef Keepers and that community was fantastic.

I can relate to your story.
Thanks for sharing.
 
Amazing looking tank!
 
oh no your joking right? My photos are terrible i think. Thanks for the compliment...i appreciate it. I just cant seem to get the color correct or the focus right
You’re to humble, way better than the ones I take!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new