Beautiful tank; very inspiring!

I Just read through your thread and I was curious why you switched from Reef Crystals to Regular?
I was afraid to ask because I use reef crystals 😬 🤞
 
According to ChatGPT

Instant Ocean:
Matches typical seawater levels
Calcium ~400 ppm
Magnesium ~1320 ppm (close to natural ocean)

Reef Crystals:
Higher calcium and magnesium than standard Instant Ocean
Intended to better support corals and invertebrates without as much supplementation

In hobbyist tests and charts, Reef Crystals often shows:
Calcium nearer 490 ppm
Magnesium near 1440 ppm
Higher alkalinity

I went with Reef Crystals because IO & IORC is al I could find and it had the word Reef on the bucket! 🤣

Obviously, the end result is what matters, and your results speak for themselves.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new