Zetlight E200 Settings

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up the Zetlight E200 refugium light from BRS during the Black Friday deals and I'm looking for input on what other reefers are using for settings and having success with. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
SilverCityReef

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't seem like anyone has any experience with these lights. I'm going to be adding Chaeto to my fuge in the next couple weeks so I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. I'm just gunna start at 50% on all channels and adjust it from there.

OP
OP
SilverCityReef

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had the Zetlight E200 running over my refugium for about 2 months now. I was running lower intensity settings up until last week when I switched to 100% on all channels except white which I set to 50%. I have it on a 12hr schedule with a 2hr half intensity ramp up/down. It appears the Chaeto is really starting to grow nicely now so I am going to continue to test these settings out for a while and I will keep you guys posted.

CUSE1315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give me an update by chance? How’s it working out?

Also what are the 4 color channels if you don’t mind me asking! Thanks!

OP
OP
SilverCityReef

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up removing and selling the Zetlight because my nutrients were 0 and couldn't support the Chaeto. The settings I posted above appeared to work very well while I was using it, just adjust your intensity as neccessary. My refugium was 12" high and about 17" long. The 4 channels are white, blue, red, and I can't remember if the fourth was UV or a different red. If you have nutrients that can support Chaeto growth, I would definitely recommend this light. I've heard others who run it 100% on all channels and have great success as well.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my E200 at 100% on all channels for 12 hours on an opposite lighting schedule. Chaeto grows like weeds. If I can get my wife to stop overfeeding the tank and drop my nutrient levels I would just cut back on the hours that the light is on to adjust for it.

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks; just quickly installed mine tonight - chaeto has been previously been running 3 months 15/7 with 11W. Now 50% on all channels with the E200. Will update after I've had more time to monitor nutrients / play with a ramp-up. Too tired to write more - wanted to say thanks for posting your experiences. Kessil A360X Refug. lights are slow coming now to Indonesia.

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks folks; just quickly installed mine tonight - chaeto has been previously been running 3 months 15/7 with 11W. Now 50% on all channels with the E200. Will update after I've had more time to monitor nutrients / play with a ramp-up. Too tired to write more - wanted to say thanks for posting your experiences. Kessil A360X Refug. lights are slow coming now to Indonesia.
Working like a champ - I've ramped up all the channels to 100% for the 12h and "lettin' 'er buck"; Seems like that is what was needed. - light is 8" above. Grows great - I noticed a big jump when I started to dose iron for the 130g as per RedSea "C". Hope it helps.

Warren_Jakarta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working like a champ - I've ramped up all the channels to 100% for the 12h and "lettin' 'er buck"; Seems like that is what was needed. - light is 8" above. Grows great - I noticed a big jump when I started to dose iron for the 130g as per RedSea "C". Hope it helps.
Still going - the lamp is great; I needed to learn to read the signs after making a change in the tank. I started (very carefully and measured) dosing LaCl after some thought and an interpretation of the Redfield ratio. I've had problems that get fixed right away (2-3 nights) with adding some iron. This Lamp will grow. I do 75-100% on all channels for 12 - 75% when it seems like it is adjusting to a mechanical removal of phosphate else I let'er buck at 100.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back