Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!

Thank you. :)

Does the Tunze 9004 fit your tank? It's what I use on an IM 30L and it does really good. You might look into a HOB too.

Yeah I just looked at the specks and it would fit. I think I am just having skimmer envy, it takes days for mine to produce a decent amount of skim, but I have had an extremely low bioload until just recently.

Does your 9004 produce a lot of skim?

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, well I will get right on that. :eek:

:p

Added a Yellow Tail Damsel, they are my favorite damsel.

Awaiting one more clown from Ibluewater.

It's probably been 10 years since I have had so many fish. Nice change of scenery though. Sticks do not add a lot of movement.

SG; 1.025 Tunze ATO 3152
Alk: 9
Ca: 450
Mag: 1350 too low for my liking.
Temp 76: as of this am, got to put the heater back in.
Have not tested for N/P in a while, will probably do that. New tank algae issues resolving.
Added 4 Devil Peppermints, feed fish, feed Aiptasia. :mad:

Thanks for checking in. ;)

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure anytime ... I think you had a splathulata listed . How's it doing . I am tempted to try that one if I can source one .
I also wouldn't mind getting another acropora abrolhosensis ,the red green variety . They are uber hard to keep and the later one I tried in the past didn't make it . Thanks for the link to the bucket . Gonna look around to see what you are hoarding ...LOL

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two spath, they are tough no doubt, high intermittent flow and intense lighting. They are a lot like acropora abrolhosensis, not the easiest acropora by long shoot. I am scared to try another acropora abrolhosensis, love the look intensely.

ReefCorner offers a lot of nice Spath, and Prostrata, you can find some real gems there is you look frequently.

:)

squirrelieygrrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Tahoe! I can't wait to see this fill in more. I've also decided to go with more fish than I have in the past. It's nice to see all the activity in the reef.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great!

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Tahoe! I can't wait to see this fill in more. I've also decided to go with more fish than I have in the past. It's nice to see all the activity in the reef.

Yup fish have been a nice change. Feeding corals is much easier though.

I have followed your builds on other forums, nice to see a new one. :)
Looks great!

Thanks very much Rev. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do a totally SPS tank someday but with full Zeovit system. Have you thought about Zeovit?

Yes I really appreciate the pastel colors of zeovit. I use Sponge Power and the other Zeo Nano products. It's not true Zeovit until you're using the stones with the reactor IMO.

My system is fairly low nutrients last time I checked.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New clown, goes with my Skunk. Bali Picasso.

Furry Tenuis.

Tank will be 2 months old, the back of the tank is already covered in coralline, if I am going to intervene I need to do it soon or the job will be a lot harder. I love the look of a clean black back rimless, uggggg, to scrape or not is the question.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalk ATO, parts A/B daily, Lugols on Tuesdays, Strontium on Thurs. Sponge power daily and one of the other nano zeo products. If I do a water change that day I do not dose. I never intend for others to use Lugols or Strontium, it's just what I do. Instant Ocean salt, bi monthy water change of 3 gallons.

Alk: 8.6-9.
Cal: 430-450
Mag:1400
Temp 78
SG 1.025-26

I have not tested anything else for a while. The tank is young so I am still having some slight algae issues.

D maul

Well know lightsabre
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good. Can I ask what is sponge power and what effect has it help with your tank?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 116 43.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 126 47.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.0%
Back