Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow look great.:)

Thanks KJ. :)

Ran out of SuperGlue and Epoxy for the new frags so they are kind of awkward angled. I can live with it for now.

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through the whole thread. Beautiful tank, I'm sure it looks even more spectacular in real life. I laughed when I read about the gold milli that looks red in picture. Stupid Cameras, I was struggling with mine last week...Eventually just sighed and posted as good as I could get.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ahruk. :)

I would love to be able to take those awesome macro shots, but alas I need an awesome camera first. Maybe Christmas.;)

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yea.... like everything tank related the camera is my boyfriends and even though it's an awesome camera the colors STILL come out wrong sometimes /sigh...plus it's not a true macro lens, it's a lens extender which means I can only take good pictures of coral right in front of my tank...Now I want a real macro lens... Getting so spoiled lol

I hope Santa brings you an awesome camera because I wanna see more pictures of your tank :p

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some newbies :)

Red Dragon and SSC, the SSC needs some work. Got both through DD, I think both were TCN.

Everything below is old.

My Tyree Pink Lemonade is finally start to turn into one, got this from Battle

ORA Borealis

Last edited:

Ahruk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a mini-maxi or ricordea in the bottom picture? Also great PE on the Borealis, it almost looks like an lps in the picture (or one of those stupid coral which I'm never really are lps or sps like cyphastreas) Anyway really awesome pictures :)

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ahruk, :) it's a mini-maxi anemone. One of the easiest inverts to own.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Granulosa blew me away when I saw it on DD under aquacultured corals, it must have just gone up one site and I snapped it up without a second thought. Really hoping to get this beauty right.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I see this piece I want it so bad. Very nice.

Hey you. :D

Yeah it was not on my first view through the DD aquaculture section, the second time through I saw it and added to cart without a second thought. It has a ton of potential.

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know that point when you see someone else's tank and hope you get to that point one day? You have that tank now. The one people look at and say "Wow, thats cool, I wanna do that to my tank!" Great job, sit back and look, really look, taking it all in with a new perspective.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know that point when you see someone else's tank and hope you get to that point one day? You have that tank now. The one people look at and say "Wow, thats cool, I wanna do that to my tank!" Great job, sit back and look, really look, taking it all in with a new perspective.

Thanks for the focus. I am one of those hobbyist that is most critical of my own system.

I have however gotten significantly better at night tinkering or messing with corals and rocks. I dose and leave it alone.

Thanks for the nice words, much appreciated.

Everything looks great! Nice find on the granulosa.

I know right!! Lucky rare find.

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we are all self critical, part of the human condition. Our view gets too focused and narrow and we don't see the whole picture anymore.

You deserve the accolades as you have worked hard and continue to contribute to the forum. Its great to see it all unfold.

rajkovich207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, are you still using the tunze skimmer? My dad has one and it is super finicky. Also what does tck stand for? I've seen it for years on their site and have yet to figure it out lol.

OP
OP
Tahoe61

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Coral Kings, there is also TCN/The Coral Nursery.

The Tunze really needs to be run with an automated top off system (ATO) to keep the skimmer dialed in. Tunze puts out a good product, but it may not be the best if your bioload is higher and your tank is sps dominated.

I am keeping my eye out for a higher end skimmer that will fit in this AIO.

:)

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 121 43.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 134 47.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back