10 gal refugium enough for 55 gal?

at11ok

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2021
Messages
105
Reaction score
105
Location
New mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 55 gal reef tank and I was wondering if a 10 gal refugium would be enough for it? I want to fit a skimmer, sump, and chaeto. If it is good enough does anyone have any ideas on which equipment to get for it and maybe explain how to do it? I’m new to the hobby and only have hang on equipment.
if it’s not good enough I also have a 20 gal long that I wanted to use for my rest water fish but if there’s no other way I’ll just use it.
 
I had a 55g that I made a 10g sump for years ago. 10g is a little small and space will be tight as well as a risk that the sump may overflow in the event of a power outage.
 
Upvote 0
I had a 55g that I made a 10g sump for years ago. 10g is a little small and space will be tight as well as a risk that the sump may overflow in the event of a power outage.
So the 20 gal should be the best thing to do? Would all this be good enough for it? Also do you know if I need to get piping and if so how I’m supposed to set it up with the piping?
 

Attachments

  • 5C2D690C-E34F-4B5C-BBD9-441903BBF600.png
    5C2D690C-E34F-4B5C-BBD9-441903BBF600.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new