125 Fowlr tank lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamfinke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamfinke

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a fowlr tank and was looking for suggestions for lighting the tank. Moonlights or no moonlights. I do want to get the purple coralline to grow, also I want the colors of the fish to show.
I would think T5's would be ok or do I do some leds?
 
I wouldn't worry too much about getting the best of the best lights for a FOWLR, and I believe that in your case the lights are more aesthetics than they are efficiency. By that, I mean that your PAR and all that fun stuff doesn't need to be extremely high quality, since you are not growing coral. I'm not exactly sure what it takes to grow the coralline in terms of lighting strength.

My 0.02
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new