Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh my Jebao is not so great, sometimes after dosing the pump head parts may rest in a position that doesnt make a perfect seal in the tube, and i get a leak. since my containers are a bit higher than my sump it leaks the additives into the tank :eek:

i have been switching between the dosing heads as i have the 4 head pump and i am only using two. which dosing pump do you guys recommend?

I use GHL but I do have my container at the same level as my sump more or less. Possibly slightly lower. Can you move the container lower or install check valves?

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
St. Thomas Mushroom, Sunset Monti, branching Duncan, some type of killer yellow acro, clove polyps. Just throwing out some ideas.

I was thinking of either a neon toadstool or some other softy, but just remembered I saw some really nice cloves that I wanted a while back, might have to check that out again.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use GHL but I do have my container at the same level as my sump more or less. Possibly slightly lower. Can you move the container lower or install check valves?

ugh I was trying to be all fancy with my mounting, so the bottles screw downwards to remove and I can't move the mounting point too low or the bottles can't be removed. ill have to see how much room I have to move downwards. checkvalves won't do anything since the liquid isn't leaking back into the container.

I've been looking at the GHL f4 but Canadian pesos aren't worth very much so it's a bit expensive. i may have to go back to manual dosing :(

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm compromising now by diluting the liquids 50/50 with RO so if it leaks it shouldn't be too bad, but still not a good feeling ya know lol

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ugh I was trying to be all fancy with my mounting, so the bottles screw downwards to remove and I can't move the mounting point too low or the bottles can't be removed. ill have to see how much room I have to move downwards. checkvalves won't do anything since the liquid isn't leaking back into the container.

I've been looking at the GHL f4 but Canadian pesos aren't worth very much so it's a bit expensive. i may have to go back to manual dosing :(

Read 5 and 6. I mean I think no matter what it's the position of your container vs your sump. Only one way to fix that issue. I think... I'm not the most handy person so might want to double check but that's the only way I think you will fix the issue.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/qu...-the-maximal-dosing-accuracy-with-ghl-dosers/

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190516_184325[1].jpg

can you see whats wrong with this coral?

i cracked it... i cracked both of the heads... i wanted to break it into 2 separate pieces as it was kind of hard to mount, and the smaller one behind was getting stung by my torch. stupid me didnt think of using a saw to cut the skeleton, and used a pair of side cutters ;Facepalm

here you can see i used a couple of epoxy stick bands to hold the pieces together. this picture is actually taken a few days after the idiocy, and surprisingly both heads are extending more and more. hopefully the epoxy holding the skeleton together will allow the coral to heal over the cracks.

OP
OP
eggplantparrot

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for you all regarding fish diet.

my Royal gramma that is a picky eater and is worrying me a bit. he refuses to eat anything but frozen mysis. every day I feed a concoction of mysis, brine shrimp and soaked pellets. he goes into afeeding frenzy, going after everything, however after he realizes it's not my sister he immediately spits it out.

he certainly gets his fill as I feed heavy and he always has a round belly after feeding time however I worry for his health. do you guys think he will be ok on a music diet alone? any suggestions or recommendations? the pellet is New Life Spectrum and I have also tried Tropical brand pellets too with no success.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back