150 gallon build with bookcase surround?

Joseph Mooney

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
38
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting to make headway on my 150 gallon acrylic tank build. I have the stand complete, but I'm looking for ideas on kind of a bookcase wraparound.. Any master carpenters have any ideas/advice?

IMG_1630.JPG
 
I would do a recessed book case with a sloped hood over the tank maybe incorporate a control center in the case as well.
 
Obviously an incredibly rough phone doodle but something to think about, can give you a better one if you would like. Your space does make things a little difficult for a built in but would still look awesome

Screenshot_2017-09-01-20-17-58.png
 
Last edited:
Obviously an incredibly rough phone doodle but something to think about, can give you a better one if you would like. Your space does make things a little difficult for a built in but would still look awesome

Screenshot_2017-09-01-20-17-58.png
Oh I like that!
 
I've always liked the thought of an integrated tank, so I repurposed an entertainment center for my build. And JoshH basically nailed it!

20170917_125627.jpg


Not near the size of a 150, but the recessed side bookshelves frame the tank nicely.
 
I've always liked the thought of an integrated tank, so I repurposed an entertainment center for my build. And JoshH basically nailed it!

20170917_125627.jpg


Not near the size of a 150, but the recessed side bookshelves frame the tank nicely.
Very much the look I'm going for
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new