160g cube

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok...Finally all moved. Only tank that is currently set up is my 30g cube. Looking to get a new tank very very soon!

I will be selling practically everything that is not needed to setup a new tank.

Tank on slate is a 48x48x16 rimless glass tank.

Here is where I need some help:

I move often and want a tank that is able to be placed against a wall and also able to be used as an island tank.

Here are my first thoughts. It will be built as an island tank. Able to walk around all 4 sides of it. Center overflow with 2-1 ½†drains and 1-1†return. I also want to have it drilled so that I can put it against a wall with a back overflow, so have decided to put 3 of the same holes on the bottom panel for a rear overflow. I will be placing these holes so that i am able to use the same overflow box, and just move it to the back and silicone it down in place. Depending on where I put the tank, the other holes will be plugged.

Next thing would be a CL placement for holes. I am thinking 5†from each corner, but then run into a problem on where to place my hole for my drain on my CL. Any questions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are 2 of the tanks that will be combined into the larger cube:
PICT0860-1.jpg

PICT0864.jpg

PICT0865.jpg

PICT0909.jpg

PICT0857-1.jpg

PICT0882.jpg

PICT0853.jpg

Plus all the rock out of this tank
IMG_0500.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fish need it;lights; food;Sponge

Here is what i have in mind for lighting. To start with i was thinking about just going with 2 250w fixtures and 3 of the T5 fixtures. Attach everything together and over time get 2 more of these 250w fixtures and finally 1 more t5 fixture. They look pretty sweet, and it would be a fun DIY project later to replace the ballasts and bulbs with SE 20k Radiums lit by Icecap ballasts!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW lots of water there! :D Sweet tanks!!

OP
OP
cbort

cbort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more pics of the corals that will be going into the upgrade! Played around with some cropping and boarders for some of my favorite pics! Let me know what ya think!

40cube2.jpg

fungia.jpg

40gcube-1.jpg

40gcube.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look great and I love the cube! :D

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back