View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank1.jpg
tank2.jpg
tank3.jpg

Hi all!

I am building my first saltwater tank. I have had freshwater all my life - but my brother inspired me to go salty. ;Stinkyfeet

I have started with a 190g because I know if I started smaller, I would soon get tank envy and be here anyway. ;)

A few of my specifics are it's a ghost overflow, 39g Emerald sump, Nyos 160 Skimmer, M1 return, a couple M40 wave makers and 3 Hydra 26's. My infrastructure is 2(ish) inches of Pink Fiji sand and a mix of Life Rock, Pukani and Tonga rock.

I am hoping to have a reef with lots of coral and a nice community of fish and inverts. There are so many of your pictures I have put on my Inspiration Board!

My current status is Day 6 of the Red Sea Reef Mature program... Microbubbles and foam are a pain. My Skimmer is still breaking in so it's pretty much all over the place which I am sure isn't helping my microbubble problem, but everything is simmering down as the days go by.

I have a fish "wish" list that consists of Tang, Goby, Wrasse (fairy's) , Labroides, Gramma, Dwarf Angels (?), Foxface, Anthias, Clowns, Chromis, Flashers, Cardinals, Blenny and of course a crew of "cleaners". My LFS (shout out!!) Coral Corral is helping me decide the final list, sequence and time their introduction. They have literally spent hours with me answering questions (even if I have asked the same question 5 times). They're awesome.

I am so thankful to be included in this forum as it has been AMAZING source for research and answering so many of my newbie questions. I am so beyond excited to have made the plunge to the other side!!!

Happy Reefing!!

tank.jpg

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
Tanya,
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef

We hope you feel comfortable and at home.

I too have a wonderful reef shop close by and it does make a world of difference, when converting over.

Wish you all the the best in with your new setup and looks like your off to a great start.

Freddie

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call on going big right away lol I did a 120 which is now being upgraded to a 380/318 (I get confused still about the standard gal. Vs actual gal. thing) o_O This forum is a lot of fun with lots of great people! Welcome and your new tank is beautiful!!

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea! I’m excited for you. That tank looks great and you are going to have so much fun with the salt world.
Welcome to the Reef and I don’t have to tell you how helpful people are here, but we are a visual lot, so keep the pic coming. [emoji106]

Dan Cyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! I wish I did the larger tank first like you did. I wasted a bunch of money and time.
Your tank looks awesome and can't wait to see it progress!

BellaCoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! The tank is looking awesome!! Cant wait to see it again soon!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back