Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xander, you can still overfeed and control PO4 and NO3 at the same time. That is what test kits and water changes are for. This is the best time to break in a skimmer when you don't absolutely need it due to low number of livestock. You're going to have an Ammonia spike anyway, might as well test for it and the following Nitrate spike that follows. The extra feedings can take place of Dr. Tim's Ammonia for a bacterial jump start and jump start your skimmer too!!

Xander, do you have Pukani dry rock?

Got ya. No, mostly Florida dry rock.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got ya. No, mostly Florida dry rock.
I've got Pukani and had a lot of Cyano. If it's on the rocks, remove what you can by hand (I know it looks slimy as though it would slip through your hands), sometimes it forms a thick mat and removes easy. Increase circulation and point powerheads at, and across the rockwork.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back