OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been busy with work but in my spare time have been working on our new home and tank... We moved in December but have tried to stabilize the tank as best as possible since starting it. I added SPS fairly quickly and although I had great success, sadly I had to fight off AEFW and black bugs. There wasnt a ton of information on black bugs out there but luckily I was able to eradicate them by going fallow for a nearly a month and a half and dosing inceptor along with Dr. Gs directly into the tank. It was an uphill battle from then on and the best advice I can give is QUARANTINE if possible. I know it can be difficult to take the time to set up a quarantine and really protect your tank but it truly is in the best interest of these animals. I fell victim to going to quick to fast and lost a few beautifully unique pieces but was luckily reminded of how important it is to go slow and steady early on in this build. But enough with all that... LETS SEE SOME PICS!

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Front Tank Shot

ORG__DSC7251 2.jpeg

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is the run down... Same equipment but broken in and I was able with my girlfriend's help to put together the side panel seen on the right (more or less kept me company while I built it but important none the less). The Vectra L1 has been pretty solid but I learned the other day that I need to incorporate a check valve in my plumbing. The Bubble King Mini has been an absolute champ but I have plenty of other equipment to show you that is plumbed into our basement...

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the downstairs. It is a lot to take in at first but here is what is shown...
Apex DOS dosing pumps x 5
DaStaCo CA reactor (love this thing)
Second EB832 controlling the Frag Tank
Frag Tank/ Quarantine Station--- Innovative Marine 25 Gallon with Radion XR15 Light with AquaSmart ATO

So here is how I run these tanks together... 3 DOS pumps work in unison to perform daily 0.5 gallon WC. Newly mixed salt water (blue bucket red sea and Reef Crystals---ran out of salt so I picked up the RC) to the tank... then the Dos removes a half gallon from the main display into the frag tank while a half gallon is pulled out and discarded by the third DOS pump.

IMG_5475.JPG

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont mind the libra doser... That was from an old tank that I anticipated using. Here is what I am dosing

Red Sea Trace A x 1.5ml daily
Red Sea Trace B x 1.5ml daily
Red Sea Trace C x 1.5ml daily
Red Sea Trace D x 1.5ml daily

Also, UWC Refine (Potassium Nitrate) which was diluted by 1/3 dosing 6ml a day (maintaining 2ppm Nitrates) and Chroma plus which is also diluted by 1/3 and at 12 ml a day.

also, I have been struggling to keep my magnesium up. it is current at 1400 but over a week of not dosing dropped to 1200 so I have opted to dose 20ml day to see how I maintain over the next week.

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current Livestock--- I struggle with pictures of the coral itself but we have an avast camera tube that i plain on using this week.

TSF Bill Murray
TSF Dan Akroyd
RR Pink Floyd
PC Rainbow
BC Spainbow
Tyree Pink Lemonade
Electric Green Birdsnest
WWC Rainbow Goni
WWC Bubblegum Monster
TSF Sunset Mille
TSF Rainbow Fusion
CB Maleficient
TSF Eclectus Mushroom and baby
JF Jack O Lantern Lepto
JF Mirror Warmer Monti
Raspberry/Blackberry Monti (Self named)
JF Green Lepto
WWC Grafted Cap
TSF Sour Punch
TSF Pink *******
WWC Golden Pavona
Pink Eye Chalice
Sour Apple Chalice
Bio Reef Green Anacropora
Bleeding Apple Scoly
Misc. Cyphestrea
Misc. Acans
Hollywood stunner
Marble Favia
Rose Anemone

Fish List:
Magnificent Foxface
Yellow Tang
Black Ocellaris
Snowflake Ocellaris
Randalls Assessor
Midas Blenny
Sixline Wrasse
Blue Star Leopard Wrasse

Thats all i got right now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few new additions to the tank yesterday.
WWC King Fiji
JF Homewrecker
WWC Jelloshot
WWC Pink Panther
WWC Blueberry Diesel
WWC Birthday Cake
WWC Mojo Man
WWC All Star Acro
WWC Red Polyp Clathrata
WWC Sour Punch

I also recently acquired Vivid's Confetti and BC Aquatic Man from my buddy @bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the downstairs. It is a lot to take in at first but here is what is shown...
Apex DOS dosing pumps x 5
DaStaCo CA reactor (love this thing)
Second EB832 controlling the Frag Tank
Frag Tank/ Quarantine Station--- Innovative Marine 25 Gallon with Radion XR15 Light with AquaSmart ATO

So here is how I run these tanks together... 3 DOS pumps work in unison to perform daily 0.5 gallon WC. Newly mixed salt water (blue bucket red sea and Reef Crystals---ran out of salt so I picked up the RC) to the tank... then the Dos removes a half gallon from the main display into the frag tank while a half gallon is pulled out and discarded by the third DOS pump.

IMG_5475.JPG
Nice setup!!

Anyone want a piece of cake? #WWCBDC

BDC.jpg
Crazy looking coral!

tenor.gif

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 55 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back