1Blazer Build Thread - Red Sea Reefer 425XL

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again @bubbaque . Does @FarmerTy have one yet? You both have the best stuff...trying to be a mini bubba lol
I asked for a piece for my birthday a couple weeks ago but Bubba didn't buy me one. [emoji53]

Collection is looking great 1Blazer! Keep doing your thing!

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked for a piece for my birthday a couple weeks ago but Bubba didn't buy me one. [emoji53]

Collection is looking great 1Blazer! Keep doing your thing!
Well we need to get that fixed... Pronto! I really do appreciate the kind words! You two are the best I have seen... Hoping i can grow this bad boy out quickly like yall do :)

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy BTW Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy BTW Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif
Beggars can't be choosers... I'll take that birthday cake even though it's not from WWC. [emoji38] Thanks man!

You'll be knee deep in colonies in no time.

I see you're part of the Cerebra door stop club too. I've never been dragged along this much for something since my first crush in high school. [emoji51]

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beggars can't be choosers... I'll take that birthday cake even though it's not from WWC. [emoji38] Thanks man!

You'll be knee deep in colonies in no time.

I see you're part of the Cerebra door stop club too. I've never been dragged along this much for something since my first crush in high school. [emoji51]

@FarmerTy Can somebody get this poor guy some cake!!!!! Boy--- that cerebra was the best investment I ever made for my tank. ;Blackeye I keep going back and forth whether I will get the Trident or the Cerebra 2.0. Hoping to find out before your next birthday ;)

Last edited:

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy Can somebody get this poor guy some cake!!!!! Boy--- that cerebra was the best investment I ever made for my tank. ;Blackeye I keep going back and forth whether I will get the Trident or the Cerebra 2.0. Hoping to find out before your next birthday ;)
Get the electronic and walk away from it all! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah, that would be interesting to see which one actually releases first. We should have a daily watch race between the two.

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy you mean the alkatronic? Would it work with my Rasta I reactor you think?

My money is on the trident coming out first but not after 30 more reef talk podcasts soooo 2020ish?

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy you mean the alkatronic? Would it work with my Rasta I reactor you think?

My money is on the trident coming out first but not after 30 more reef talk podcasts soooo 2020ish?
Oh yes... Darn that autocorrect!

Do you mean Calcium Reactor? If so, yes it will. It can turn off your circulation pump or solenoid on the calcium reactor to stop dosing. If low, you'll need to supply it with 2-part alk solution and it'll dose it back up to levels.

I didn't wait for the Trident. All I need is Alk anyways. Calcium tracks with alk so if I know my alk... I know my Calcium and Mg I only ever need to dose once every quarter so why bother getting results everyday for it. I'll save the $40/month in reagent.

Plus side, Alkatronic reagent is like $130 for a 4L bottle concentrated. Once diluted, it should supply you with 2 tests/day for 2 years almost. That's like 3 months of Trident reagent. The numbers worked for me to go with the Alkatronic and not wait.

Yeah, at this rate... My bets are the Trident beats the Cerebra for first hardware to be released.

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that autocorrect is right!!! My calcium reactor is a dastaco which is pretty unique as it regulates itself not sure exactly how I will put sort it out but now you have me thinking!!!

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that autocorrect is right!!! My calcium reactor is a dastaco which is pretty unique as it regulates itself not sure exactly how I will put sort it out but now you have me thinking!!!
I'm sorry... I didn't know I was speaking to Calcium Reactor royalty. I'll address you as sir 1Bkazer of the Royal House of Dastaco from this point forward. Forgive me. [emoji12]

dang... Talk about high rolling! Nice reactor!

Alkatronic actually recommends having it turn off the circulation pump of your CaRX which should be applicable across all models is my guess.

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FarmerTy [emoji23] I’m dyin’ over here!!! Just in time for Game of Thrones in a couple of months— I will say the dastaco is really an awesome piece of equipment. It is a bit touchy when it comes to setting it up, however it is rock solid once you get it going. The only part that really wouldn’t work for me is that the dastaco has a power bar that controls the feeding pump, co2 solenoid and eheim recirculation pump. I am thinking I could set it up independently with a dosing container for alk. Lol I’m still wondering how I can incorporate it... stay tuned!!!

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love my Aqua Illumination Hydra 26s but I just dont feel I am getting the absolute best coloration out of my coral---- I ordered an Aquatic life hybrid light fixture and plan to use half of it. Now i know that seems iffy but the idea is that it will only add one cord while adding 2 t5 bulbs (i got a 36in fixture). I plan to retrofit it to the front of the hydras and make it look as clean as possible. If I dont like the look then I plan to remove the hydra arms and use the fixture but put it in a floating canopy over the tank with about 6 inches of play--- I have World Wide Coral Gold box coming tomorrow so I am looking forward to seeing some new items in the tank! I really feel i need to be picky in what I put in the tank at this point

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back