2 Gobies 2 Shrimp?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only had a pair once and they didn’t come together. They paired up in the tank. I am unsure how 2 sets would work out unless you have a long tank that each goby stays on it’s own side otherwise they may fight.

Let’s see what someone with experience with two sets say.

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean in the tank? With a pair of Gobies? Or maybe just 1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp with 2 Gobies would be better?

Would 2 YWGs fight with each other or will they more likely pair up? I’ve been wanting to find out about this one for a while.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you "need" a pair, no. If it were me I'd get two different species of shrimp goby and two different pistols. That's assuming you have a big enough tank. I've got two separate shrimp/pistol pairs in my 120g. I really enjoy watching the behavior.

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of A. randalli in my 155 with a single A. bellulus. I added 4 other A. bellulus after my A. randalli pair was established.
One of the pistols paired with the gobies and has grown quite substantially since adding it. I have never seen any of the other pistols. I suspect the (presumably) last remaining shrimp killed the others off.
A few weeks ago I added two A. randalli gobies along with a small Alpheus randalli to my display fuge. One has paired with the shrimp so far.
Long story short you don’t need two shrimp for one pair of gobies.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back