2 new additions today. Enjoy

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 new additions today. Enjoy(pics of Laboutei added)

Found these at a LFS today in unmarked tanks. When i inquired on the price i snatched them up before he finished telling me what they were.

Laboutie wrasse( supermale? let me know what you think)
DSC03710.jpg

Red leopard wrasse( amaizing colors. lots of yellow on the belly)
DSC03711.jpg

And here are some flash pics in the pleasure to meet your aquaintence holder :)
DSC03736.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

Ill have some more pics in a few once they are released. Both are eating like hogs and already ate flake food also. Thasnks for looking :smile:

I really need to get a tank thread built.:tongue:
might not be the best pics sorry.
DSC03907.jpg

DSC03892.jpg

DSC03889.jpg

They are both doing great. And both ate FLAKE FOOD!!!!!!! and total of 10 cubes of mysid for the whole tank so they are definately nice and fat. Enjoy the additions.

Last edited:

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bro nice pickup/beautiful fish! and looks like you got them for a price that was unbelieveable. i love hearing stories like this!!!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok inquiring minds want to know..how much? HA!

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro... nice fish... !!:bigsmile:

fyi I think you might be mistaken with the red leopard wrasse.... what you have is Macropharyngodon meleagris, known as blackspotted,guineafowl or just leopard wrasse..... The ak..a red leopard wrasse is actually Marcropharyngodon choati, and their is also Macropharyngodon bipartus...a.k.a. blue star leopard wrasse... which is the one I have... :tongue:

here is a pic of mine... and a pic of the M. cahoti
DSC01396.jpg
128-280-thickbox.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fyi I think you might be mistaken with the red leopard wrasse.... what you have is Macropharyngodon meleagris, known as blackspotted,guineafowl or just leopard wrasse..... The ak..a red leopard wrasse is actually Marcropharyngodon choati, and their is also Macropharyngodon bipartus...a.k.a. blue star leopard wrasse... which is the one I have... :tongue:

they always have different names for these in LFS. thanks for the input. in person its acctually red tho. lol

haha rev, you should be PM'ing him on where and if they still have more!
LOL i took the last of them but they did have a scots fairy for 100 and red hood wrasse( they acctually looked like female flame) for 119.

There was a wrasse i have never seen before. the top half was jet black bottom was white and at the tail it had a bright blue dot. for 50 but since i didnt know anything about them i didnt chance it. They lloked like the bandit angel.

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

here is a pic of mine... and a pic of the M. cahoti
DSC01396.jpg 128-280-thickbox.jpg

Very nice. yeah i agree it should be called just a leopard. one of the first i have seen with a lot of red which is why they probably called it a red leopard lol.

DSC03796.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I know manytimes they get mislabled.......but anyways I'm sure 100% it's not what is commonly referred to as red leopard wrasse.....mine has more obvious red than yours... and it's called blue star and yes all have various common names but..... but both are actually blue colored if when adults if morphed to male!!
I'm just you know bc what is known commonly as the red..... is also much harder to get and costs at least double what you paid... still they all are great reef additions and protectors of your corals from pests!!! enjoy them!

Btw.... I used to have your's and under LED's it's pshychedelic!!!!:tongue:

Nice pics.. btw..

Last edited:
OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK the Laboutei went into hiding shortly after releasing him. he keeps peeking but not out completely for a pic. will update once he comes out and swims around

And thats for the replies everyone.!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! ive been looking for a while. i couldnt pass this one up. My wife just got home and oh boy i have to go to my woodshop and start building a big doghouse lol!

You could just live in the woodshop,haha!probably more comftorable!LOL...

Or you could tell your wife that this fish splits in half every month and that you can sell it for $500,then she will be ok!haha,and when it doesnt split,tell her it is sick,and it has genetic problems with its spliting cells!hahahahahaha!JK!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I love the Labouti, I have a small male, or a female, its still to be determined, haha. Can't wait to get a second one in my bigger tank :)

OP
OP
ahvrivera

ahvrivera

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just live in the woodshop,haha!probably more comftorable!LOL...

Or you could tell your wife that this fish splits in half every month and that you can sell it for $500,then she will be ok!haha,and when it doesnt split,tell her it is sick,and it has genetic problems with its spliting cells!hahahahahaha!JK!

HAHAHAHAHA!! I tried that once before...sha clmed down once she compared what i paid for it and what they are going for. So i only had to build a smaller dog house. LOL!

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Best of luck.

CJ

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHAHA!! I tried that once before...sha clmed down once she compared what i paid for it and what they are going for. So i only had to build a smaller dog house. LOL!

haha!Good!

Can you PM me where I can find these fish?I cant find them!
Thanks

ctxmonitor

My Reef Creation
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are some awesome wrasses!!! I want some in my tank too now, haha..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back