20L - DIY AIO or HOB filter/HOB Skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrBananas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrBananas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a 20L during the $1/gal sale because why not. I haven't decided on how I want to run it yet. However, it will most likely it will be more for corals and less for fish. I like idea of an AIO similar tohttp://www.badfishre...n-one-kits.html. I've heard the owner went MIA, so if needed I could always make a similar DIY. My other option would be going the route of a HOB skimmer and/or aquaclear 70 set up as a refugium. What are your thoughts? Any advice is appreciated.
 
The all in one is a good idea, you can run macro algae in there to help scrub the water. Huge skimmer would also do nicely as a means to scrub the water. I'd not use the filter set up though.
I'd go with the AIO as a first thought and the skimmer as a second.
 
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning towards the AIO setup. I just have to decide between the peninsula version or the center AIO. I'm think the peninsula would work out better.
 
That one would be your choice, they'd both work rather well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new