OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodness, no. I like that size I have. I would not go bigger, only smaller at this point. :) I really like the nanos. Not that I would give up my 210g, I enjoy the larger fish and bigger corals too.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, to keep updated a bit, everything is fine except this darn hair algae. I keep a high nutreient tank, so it is a constant battle. I just ordered some turbo snails and will hopefully give them tons to eat. The urchins are still to little to be keeping up. We will see. All else is going great.

I did lose my stereonepthea in my qt. I was using peroxide to treat some algae on the zoas and such (not the nepthea) and they completely disintegrated. So weird as they were doing great. Almost 2" full out. So, no more peroxide in that tank while I have new ones coming. Talk about learning the hard way.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, still trying to get my UV installed. Lots of summer work to do first and it took a backseat. Also some concussion issues reared their nasty head again. Ugh! I wish it would just stop. Maybe this coming week. Although I head back to work too.

I also ordered a new reactor for my 210g and 40g/20g systems. They will run biopellets. I thought hy not try with all the issues I have with hair algae. Both systems have protein skimmer, so I figure it may help. Never tried them before. We will see.

Unfortunately I ordered some Turbo snails and all arrived dead. The order was delayed like three days. Dumb USPS. Only the hermits survived. Really stunk!!!! In more ways than one.;Vomit

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, UV is fully dry fitted in. Now I need time to actually glue it in. Maybe tomorrow as my daughter decided she needed new clothes. Nothing fit her and she must get more. She is 15. Ugh. I hate clothes shopping. She tries on everything. I mean everything.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after tweaking my back trying to get the UV installed, it is waiting till my back is better (to final glue), but good news I installed my Bioballs reactors on my 210g sump and my 40g/20g sump. Cannot wait to see what type of affect they have. It was a very pricey experiment if it changes nothing. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a long weekend of cleaning my 40g and 20g along with the 6g. The tanks look amazing. Corals are doing better too.
Now, my poor Squammy has looked so bad for so long now. It weas not pinched mantle as I had treated it over the course of months three times or more. It is still showing signs of growth on the shell, but it is horrible looking. I mean its mantle is a mess.
So, I did something rather drastic Sunday night. I gave it a 10 minuted bath in Acriflavin and then a 30min soak in brackish water (1.010 or so). It is now in my sump under its own light with hopefully getting good par.
Today, Tuesday, it looked, well sad, but the edges were not as frayed. It was not extending either.
I guess we will see what happens.
No, pyramid snails have not been an issue with this guy as I watch for those regularly. My other three clams in the system are great!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, surprisingly my clam is still fighting. It is in the sump with a light and lots of nutrients, but I think I may move it to even more light. This thing wants to live. I just cannot find a way to make it happy. I will never give up until it does.

All else is stable. I got two new frags in to replace my little guys I nuked with peroxide. I was so upset. These are the jewels of my collection if I can get them into the system before doing something stupid again. :) I will get pictures of them soon.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some bad pictures of my leathers today. My phone sucks, but I could not find my hubby's camera. So, these will do for now. I know, the algae is insane. I am building a new UAS soon. I think mine is just too small. It fills up so fast with algae.

Attachments

• bali tree.jpg
    bali tree.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 53
  • fibre toadstool 9-21.jpg
    fibre toadstool 9-21.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 50
  • japanese tree 9-21.jpg
    japanese tree 9-21.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 51
  • neon sinularia 9-21.jpg
    neon sinularia 9-21.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 53
  • yellow toad 9-21.jpg
    yellow toad 9-21.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 49
  • yellow-pink stereo 9-21.jpg
    yellow-pink stereo 9-21.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this happened. I did a full rip clean of my 20g/40g system yesterday and everything looked great. I was happy and the animals were happy.
Today, I go down to feed and the 40g has a crack running from the overflow bulkhead all the way down the side.

OH, my goodness!!! I immediately had to move all the animals into a safe place and empty the tank. What a pain! Luckily the animals are all done with qt, but I did not have room for this amount of animals in my other systems.

Crazy things. Off to find a new tank I guess.

So glad I spotted it before a full blow out. I would have lost too many animals that way. Some my prize pieces. So, that is the positive.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added another 5 maximinis to the tank today. I am absolutely crazy. I cannot wait to add my last leathers. Another two tree leathers (japanese), 2 stereonepthea, long tentacle toadstool and a green long tentacle toadstool. Soon they will be large enough.
I also will add my new hippopus clam. First time with this species. I also have a baby crocea in qt too.

Then I will be way overfull. Perfect!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update with pictures...

For the last few weeks, my maximinis have been bleaching out. Along with my Cespitularia (which is currently white). My only difference for the tank is adding a biopellet reactor to combat the algae. So, I took that off line for a while to see if that is the culprit. If so, I may try running it half the time instead or a few hours. Depends on the algae situation.

The algae situation has improved, but at the expense of my corals is not an option.

So, I created new rock work with some dark areas for the nems as they do like less light. I hope this also helps some of my more shade loving friends.

Pictures with phone, so no editing of the blues. Also, this is only an hour or so after a full rock redo, some corals are not happy. Sorry.

Attachments

• left 10-11-21.jpg
    left 10-11-21.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 10-11-21 middle.jpg
    10-11-21 middle.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 63
  • right 10-11-21.jpg
    right 10-11-21.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been a while and I just managed to clean the back and front and sides of the tank nicely. Done with my phone without MH on, so a bit blue.

Attachments

• left 12-21-5-21.jpg
    left 12-21-5-21.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 46
  • middle 12-25-21.jpg
    middle 12-25-21.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 41
  • right 12-25-21.jpg
    right 12-25-21.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to get a male and female finally. They are great! I have had only female in the past. The pair are getting along mostly. I have had them about 18 months. The female has grown a lot. The male not as much, but some.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pair is strange. One is large and surprisingly aggressive. She will suddenly chase any fish in the tank - even bigger tangs. Doesn’t nip though. The kids named her “Truck”. The other is the sweetest little fish ever, I saved her from velvet so the family has a soft spot for her.

I have two Lamarcks also and one of them turned male. Truck chases him too!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back