210g revamp

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you mainly know me as the predator guy, but I also have a 210g community tank. It's been up and running for about 9 years and I haven't added anything in over 5 years. Most of the fish are at the point of slowing their growth, they range from about 6=9". My centerpiece, an ancient 13" black volitan lion passed away recently and left a huge hole.. I also finally tore apart the tank and pulled out the most boring fish I have ever cared for, a pair of bluethroat triggers. I added a 40g display refugium that I am looking to add a mix of small predators. So the tank now contains:

yellow belly dogface puffer
orange shoulder tang
scopas tang
majestic angel
flagfin angel
one spot foxface
picasso trigger

A fish I have also had an eye on went into my observation tank today, a miniatus grouper about 6.5". I'm thinking about a black Indian trigger.

20201120_183617.jpg 20201130_150150.jpg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's your definition of predator tank vs something like this?

when you said community tank i was like oh lionking has a more common tank full of smaller reef fish :D

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's your definition of predator tank vs something like this?

when you said community tank i was like oh lionking has a more common tank full of smaller reef fish :D

My idea of a predator tank, as my byline indicates is a "true predator tank", where the inhabitants are fed live food. They are allowed to maintain their natural predatory instincts by stalking and hunting. Once they are being fed dead food from a stick, etc; I no longer consider that a predator tank. In the ocean most inhabitants are predators, we humans domesticate and socialize them, many people lose that concept all together.

I consider this a semi-aggressive community tank, no one is eating live food, although some may even be considered aggressive and some may even be described as predators. They all eat dead food.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%

Back