OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I never do this, but I had no choice. I went and purchased 3 Chromis from my LFS and put them in the tank. My town, Minot, is flooding and they it will get worse before it gets better. So they are evacuating the town and making everyone turn off their electricity. I had to take my friends fish. I went and picked them up at around 1 last night and had them in a bucket with a powerhead, heater, and a aqualifter providing air support. I woke up and found the Sunburst anthias dead. I figured from lack of oxygen. So I went to the LFS and purchased a bigger air pump and air stones, along with ammonia strips, and the fish. I took what corals were left and as soon as the ammonia is down to an acceptable level the corals are going in the DT and the fish will be going in the sump. I am trying my hardest to keep them alive for him, but its going to be difficult since my tank is far from ready. I would leave them in the bucket, but stress will eventually kill them. I have 50 gallons of fresh water to do a water change with tonight, and I am crossing my fingers. Again, I dont like to do this, but sometimes we are left with no choice.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ouch that sucks the hear!! if you have to put them in! i would wait atleast a day or 2, or when you notice the ammonia change to do the water change otherwise it will just come back! adding the Mb7 will help a lot hthough!

Good luck to you and hopefully it all works out!

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, trying to hold out as long as possible. Instead of doing the 50 gallon water change, I am going to put them in that tank for a couple of days. The corals will have to be transferred by morning or they will not make it though. I will have the MB7 by Friday I hope.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its really hard to catch the true colors of these lights. But I figured I would snap a quick photo since I had them. Dont worry, this is a temp way of hanging them. I had to hang them quickly for the corals brought in. All corals are actually doing good though. But LPS and zoas love dirty water.

Tank.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That looks sweet! Great color!

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev, it really does look a ton better in person. I got the other 6305 hooked up tonight. I noticed that this one was considerably stronger than the other. So I tried to turn the knob to make it stronger it just came right off. Ughh. I contacted Roger, we will see what he says.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I purchased my first real fish today. Black Ice Snowflake. I will get a pic when he gets put into the tank, when I know its safe. He is small but beautiful.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is awesome looking. Figured he would be a little shy since the powder brown and kole tang was in the same tank, but he is very active.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a small update. Diatom phase in full swing now and all corals in the tank are doing great.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatoms starting to retreat. Pretty fast cycle, I am liking it. Couple of fish in the tank now and they are doing great.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for updates as well, how's everything going?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back