OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a few more things done. Got all the plumbing done so everything is running through. I had to shut down the skimmer because that thing is going nuts. Going to hook up the carbon reactors tomorrow to help that out. I got the Apex hooked up along with some heaters. Noticed that most of my heaters were stealth heaters so getting ready to send those in for some mulah. Got my water level just about where I want it in the DT. I will be making the fuge stand this week sometime, and I still have to clean that tank out as well. I am thinking of converting my old calcium reactor into a kalk reactor too, but not set in stone yet. Anyway here are a couple more pics, excuse the mess, I am a messy man when I in my work mode.

Temp is still a little low, even though I have two Hydor 300 watt heaters going.
DSC_0674.jpg

I wanted to hang everything pretty high, so I can manage the cables a little better.
DSC_0675.jpg

Broke my probe holder, so had to glue it in. We will see how that works out.
DSC_0676.jpg

Here is that mess I speak of...
DSC_0677-1.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

DSC_0678.jpg

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think? I have been trying to find my sheetrock anchors to hang the lights. It seems that I cant find them, so I will have to make a trip downtown today to grab some. Oh and I will set the carbon reactors up today. I move at a snails pace. :squigglemouth:

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its looking great. Thats not a mess, thats what it always looks like in front of my tank hahaha. seriously gonna be a great looking tank once you finish

bob

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went to the store today to get more plumbing materials and only got disappointment. I didnt think about the whole town flooding, and every store in town is out of supplies. So I will have to make it with what I have for now. I am very close to getting my second 6305. I ordered the Apex breakout box last night, along with the Tunze cable for the controller. I still have to research the float switch I need to get. If anyone has any great ideas on show me how their ATO works, then I am all ears. I went shopping for water containers today too, and was met with the really looks. Everyone and their mom is trying to keep water out of their house right now, and I am trying to keep water in....HAHA I did find a 35 gallon container for $75, is this a good price. Its fairly nice. Ok, I will get back to work on the tank now that the in-laws are gone.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its looking great. Thats not a mess, thats what it always looks like in front of my tank hahaha. seriously gonna be a great looking tank once you finish

bob

Thanks for the compliments. I try to tell the wife it isnt so bad too, she is not having it. I think she is going to give me a deadline to be done shortly. I am probably going to sell the pool table too so its stops collecting my junk on it. Its also takes away from being the center of attention in the room.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the dual carbon reactor is online, and the 2nd 6305 was just purchased. Next hang the lighting. Should get a pic tonight if I can find a way to hang these safely in the sheetrock.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for a ATO, I just got one from Avast Marine Works, all it is a pressure switch that turns on an pump. I haven't hooked it up yet as I have to order a pump for it tomorrow but from the looks of it it will work great for what I need. Seems pretty simple to set up and it is only about $100 with the pump.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to use the Apex to control the ATO though. I just need the switch or switches, and the fresh water container.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking great,
Love the rockwork.
whats your plan for water flow? You mention a 6305, are you going to add any more?
I'm currently considering wether I should go with 6305s or more 6205s for more diverse flow and not having to blast some areas with lots of flow wo get the flow to all the tank...

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroun,

I actually just purchased my second 6305, and I have the hammerhead. Take in account the Eheim 1262 and thats 22,550 GPM. Thats a turnover rate over of 83 times my DT volume. I have more flow in other areas like the fuge and sump. This is the first 6305 I have had, but after a couple of days of getting it, I knew I had to have another. Love those Tunze pumps. What are the dimensions of your tank? I am sure you will gets lots of feedback here on what we think.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diggin your tanks rock work great job and your sandbed looks good I see wrasses and gobies will be very happy in your tank

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment. Most of the stuff I do for my tank have my fish in mind. I dont really have a stock list yet though. I am probably going to get 10-15 anthias, and a pair of nice clowns. I do want some gobies though, maybe a pair of bluespotted jawfish as well. Give me some ideas people......

Last edited:

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta have a nice blonde naso and a group of other tangs in there sorry I'm a tang nut haha that Idaho grape will look good in there too 

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of 4 to 5 tangs. And I think you are right about that Idaho grape too, the wife will like it. An orangeshoulder tang would be awesome, Naso, and Achilles.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroun,

I actually just purchased my second 6305, and I have the hammerhead. Take in account the Eheim 1262 and thats 22,550 GPM. Thats a turnover rate over of 83 times my DT volume. I have more flow in other areas like the fuge and sump. This is the first 6305 I have had, but after a couple of days of getting it, I knew I had to have another. Love those Tunze pumps. What are the dimensions of your tank? I am sure you will gets lots of feedback here on what we think.

Thanks for the info.
My Tank is a 390 88x34x30 will definitly post about the pumps choice before comitting to any...

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.
My Tank is a 390 88x34x30 will definitly post about the pumps choice before comitting to any...

Now thats a tank. I would def do the 6305's. So far I love them, and I know if I have any problems, Roger is always there and he has amazing Customer support.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything I should be putting in the tank right now? I was thinking of adding some MB7 for some added bacteria. Toss out some ideas

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think adding the MB7 is a pretty good idea. It will help colonize the beneficial bacteria.

Awesome setup so far.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think adding the MB7 is a pretty good idea. It will help colonize the beneficial bacteria.

Awesome setup so far.

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing for the MB7, I will go put some on order then. Wish I could get MB7 and a float switch at the same place.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, called and got the MB7 added to the order with the breakout box and tunze cable

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back