300 gal upgrade in progress.

vey nice. Good use of space.

Thank you!

Have you seen my Canopy? Smaller tank, but just super size it and it would be totally accessible: Here is a thread with mine in it... on the 1st page https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/do-yourself-diy/101275-lets-see-some-do-yourself-hoods.html

Just checked it out, thanks for the link! That is what I was thinking ..... have to be able to access both sides and entire front. The only thing that I'm thinking is to possibly make it so there is not a solid top on it .... just some support braces or something running across for stability. I'm currently using a giesemann spectra fixture with 3 400 watt halides and would like to keep the top and/or back open to help dissipate the heat.
 
My lid does have hinges on it, but I would need to beef them up if I wanted to use it...I wanted the top on because I did not want light shining out all over :D
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new