OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also the option to dip the corals. Seems like these little monsters are everywhere.
Yeah there all over the rocks,so dipping only be temporary, and I've read that they often run inside the coral polyp to safety ,how true this is idk

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New addition to the family, a lilac and tan French bulldog so know the fun of teaching it not to wee and poo in the house lol

But a little bundle of joy lol

Attachments

• 20220104_184335(0).jpg
    20220104_184335(0).jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220104_184335.jpg
    20220104_184335.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220104_184308.jpg
    20220104_184308.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220104_184234.jpg
    20220104_184234.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 41

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only thing stopping me from getting a new puppy. Potty training. I am always so tired from the little one and the dog I currently have.

Grats on the new addition to the household :)

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing stopping me from getting a new puppy. Potty training. I am always so tired from the little one and the dog I currently have.

Grats on the new addition to the household :)
Thanks and so far only had it 3 hours but it had 2 wees on a puppy training pad thing on its own and 1 under table so not bad.
But to be fair the breeder does a good job on starting the training with puppy pads so hopefully will be quicker for us.

And not just potty training but training puppy to not chew anything around the house.so far tried mrs work shoes but gently tap on nose and start playing tug of war with her own toy should do the trick hopefully ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Another giveaway entered from noopschye lights,maybe I get lucky and win a light ^_^

Here a nearly fts and everything still going good.
Little hick up about a month ago during my holiday and few days after with a dead conch snail and 2 urchins but no other deaths of any other inverts that I'm aware off,so still unsure if it's lack of algae on the rocks or a hermit that killed them or high nitrates ir mixture off all 3

Attachments

• 20220119_140035.jpg
    20220119_140035.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well weekly 50 litre wc today and well over due moving my 2 sps frags,a green slimer that not so green which I think was more of a darker green under lfs led lights when bought instead of intense fluorescent green I see online often but since put in tank the first day mine is more yellowy/ brown with a tinge if green if look down at it and a green stylo.
Plan was put 1/ 3 up from sandbed height for week or 2 then raise higher but been close to couple months I think lol.
Anyway struggled to break the slimer from the epoxy so had to break slimer from frag plug then re- glue on bit of rock rubble then epoxy 2/ 3 height in tank,also broke little arm of it and got some little white and black bugs eating the polyps so hopefully it healthy enough to withstand my man handling of it pffft and hopefully grows and colours up more now it higher up in tank closer to my t5's,tried placing it where would still get random flow and not just one sided laminar flow but higher to surface you get harder this will become I guess but got 2 powerheads facing each other on random pulse so sometimes one is off while other on for a second or so and different speeds ( random) and part of stylo I broke of ages ago moved that higher also ( little nub of stylo that left on frag plug growing little nub out the nub and got good pe so hopefully piece i moved continues to grow well also.

Attachments

• 20220127_161126.jpg
    20220127_161126.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220127_161131.jpg
    20220127_161131.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 2 white and 2 blue t5 tubes on tank but on one freshwater tanks I got leds half blue / half white so put them on tank and my full white tank with t5's went to full fluorescent and the vivid colours amazing ,even one of little zoas sort of closed and closed polyps are pink lol,I'm like a kid with a new toy ^_^
Going try get some long 50/ 50 white/ blue leds to somehow incorporate into my hood and have t5's on 75% time and leds for last 2- 3 hours just for our pleasure as one the reasons why we got reef tank was because the fluorescent colours and wanting to remove 1 white t5 and add another blue or actinic blue and maybe a purple but need refresh my research as still want a full spectrum and some white in the mix

Edit: seems cant load pictures ,aw well looks like site still got problem as seen few threads lately where others haven't been able load pics ^_^

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers but it's ok,and I always have option to add interceptor or that Dr g's stuff but little bit hesitant if I'm honest.

Ups and downs like a roller coaster,mainly just running smoothly for me so far so I'm happy with that,and only really been the 3 torches that's gone south ( maybe from these little bugs but I will never know) read quite alot threads these past few days and reports of them eating lps also and as I think came in on my lobo then might be but idk.

Also read the larger black bugs that interceptor doesn't do nothing but the smaller black bug it eradicates but I don't know which I have,or maybe I have both ha ha .^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry only just seen you post this in here,but won't let me open anyway,hopefully you got some help and worked out whatever your problem was ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220329-180725_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220329-180725_Chrome.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well all 9 fish still going strong .all corals doing great except the green slimer still has little things eating it but it's not in good shape.
Well 2 nights ago one my cleaner shrimp released babies then molted following morning then few hours later it's laid on sandbed,well I say laid was getting it's half dead body blown around ,and then followed the cuc to devour it,well one dead and one left and won't be getting another as just steal food from corals mouth and other livestock and seen kill a conch and be aggressive towards others.

Lots and lots of activity after lights out,still getting enjoyment from watching all the different pods and worms and such at night.

And got this some kind of worm thing in my sump

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't added any coral frags for about 4 months and started with dry rock/ dry sand.
This little worm is tiny like 4- 5 mm long and I see the white band around the neck and see it glide backwards once shined light near it.
First time seen it and I'm guessing it's some kind of eunicid worm,hopefully the detritus eating one and not a fish/ cuc/ coral eating one as gets larger.
But as its been at least 4 month since last added anything I would of thought would of been bigger than 4- 5mm by now so I'm guessing have at least one other larger one/ ones and this is a baby from it.
Had no fish loss since set tank up but have had urchins/ conchs/ odd snail so all I can do is keep eye on things I guess ^_^
I wanted bio- diversity in my tank and slowly getting it ha ha
Just goes to show my nt labs coral dip ovbiously doesn't kill pods as got like 8 different kinds at least,nor worms as got this and other in post before this plus little black bugs and all kinds ha ha.
Anyway just documenting first sighting incase need check back

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Size really plays a role in the id of said worm. The movement looked like a eunicid sp. to me. However, 4 months is enough time for them to grow large. Just keep an eye out. It may not even be a threat. You probably have something safe there. Not going to say that is 100% true.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Size really plays a role in the id of said worm. The movement looked like a eunicid sp. to me. However, 4 months is enough time for them to grow large. Just keep an eye out. It may not even be a threat. You probably have something safe there. Not going to say that is 100% true.
Yeah would of thought if this worm in video came in on my last zoa frag ( 30-40 polyps) i bought,would of thought I would be hell of alot bigger and its on a dead torch single head skeleton and a tiny tube worm next to it for size reference
This why I'm thinking I have more and this is a baby from a bigger one.
Every single night I'm looking in tank after lights out but never seen nothing like this,maybe need invest in a red light or diy a red filter in front of torch if can to see if that helps .
But yeah just keep eye on things and see how it goes ^_^

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I still have yet to get a red light. Has been on my list for 20+ years

Or however many years 2006 was... 16 yrs?

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have yet to get a red light. Has been on my list for 20+ years

Or however many years 2006 was... 16 yrs?
Yeah 16 years.
I've noticed I've hit a little stall in stocking tank up.
But my favourite lfs is just off the motorway on a industrial estate and only way get there is car and since I had to stop work and driving,I've got to ask for a lift off people and dont like putting people out,I ovniously cover tje petrol money but still.
Got a few other lfs I can get to myself bit prices are little more and not as much choice.
Haven't lost interest in tank and want to stock up more corals so think I get the Mrs to ask her mums ex husband to give me a lift soon.
Good thing is makes me go slow on stocking up tank, still maybe want a 1 spot foxface or maybe pair of red scooter blennies as they cool fish and could potentially help with certain pests if get them which majority off my fish I've bought for similar reasons,but apart from few urchins,conchs dying ,and cleaner shrimp ( still think the evil shrimp still alive) everything going good so far so happy days.
Like you with red light I keep putting off getting some kind of metal absorbing media to see if got any metal in tank but if I had ,I would of thought affected all the cuc not just a few but that's on list to get .

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Red scooters are fun and beautiful fish! Local stores here usually never have what i want. I hate ordering online. And coral vendors seem to have these insane prices on frags. I am done buying $100 frags.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the lfs I like to go to.has good selection of fish and usually a few red scooters.
And tommorrow and su day having a opening of upstairs which going be all freahwater fish and all downstairs that had really good selection of corals,now got larger as moved all freshwater out to go upstairs,and having speakers and all sorts and 10% off everything and some stuff even bigger discounts so got Mrs to ask her mums ex fella for lift tommorrow.want another urchin probably halloween ( been letting my rocks get dirty for it) which isn't much really compared to some of the tanks I see ha ha and another conch,few more nass and trouchus and 2 scooters then probably a coral frag or 2 I get but will see if can get the lift first

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw and cheap little power head as one my powrheads other week stopped working when changed the speed so manufacturer sent me another impellar which got it working,but last night I thought let's see what happens when turn speed down one notch, we'll woke up this morning and not working again so they told me they going arrange for me to post it back to test it .
So a little cheap none controllable powrrhead for ( £19.99 ) will do as temporary fix as I know flow so important.
Got the flow from return.
Random flow from a controllable powerhead still in tank.
And a cheap £ 19.99 none controllable
But one more cheapo will do if place it and aim it right to create some random flow I think

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back