32G Biocube Stock List

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I was wondering how many fish is okay to add in my tank and if these fish are compatible and able to all live together.
I Have:
2 Oscellaris Clownfish
Royal Gramma
goby/pistol shrimp pair
fire shrimp

I Want to add:
2 banggai carindals
fairy wrasse ( open to other ideas: types of wrasses or something that swims around the tank)

Is this to many fish for a 32g biocube? Can I add anymore fish or should i just stick with 4?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its fine as long as you are keeping up with water changes and/or have decent filter media and as long as they can get away from each other

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say a 32g biocube is too small for any Cirrhilabrus sp., but you could probably get away with a smaller Flasher Wrasse.. Maybe a Carpenter's or a McCoskers Flasher Wrasse.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks for the ideas on wrasses. I do plan to get a bigger tank in a year or two. Do they grow slow? Hopefully I can get a bigger tank before they become full grown. because i know they need more swimming room than a 32G tank.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a McCoskers and a Goby and Shrimp pair and thats it. Its (the wrasse) is doing well in the tank so far so IMO I would go with either the banggais or the wrasse and not both.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a McCoskers and a Goby and Shrimp pair and thats it. Its (the wrasse) is doing well in the tank so far so IMO I would go with either the banggais or the wrasse and not both.
I have a royal gramma in my tank. Do you think the wrasse and royal gramma will fight? Since they both like to go in and out of the rocks. I just thought about this.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly, I think it could work if you had many caves and crevices for the fish to hide in so they don't fight over the only 1 or 2 best spots.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Possibly, I think it could work if you had many caves and crevices for the fish to hide in so they don't fight over the only 1 or 2 best spots.
I only have a few hidding spots. Maybe I can just rearrange my aquascape before try to create some more hiding spots? I think I can make some more if i move a few pieces around. The royal gramma likes to hide in a bigger (cave) and lay by the sand. He use to live up high under the rocks going in and out of holes up there. Should i maybe try and make more hiding spots up high in my tank?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try that just make sure you don't touch any supporting rocks and watch for fish and corals when you do it. I have a black cap basslet in a separate tank and it sleeps in one specific spot everyday, so as long as the wrasse doesn't choose that hole Im pretty sure it could work if it has other places to choose from.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could try that just make sure you don't touch any supporting rocks and watch for fish and corals when you do it. I have a black cap basslet in a separate tank and it sleeps in one specific spot everyday, so as long as the wrasse doesn't choose that hole Im pretty sure it could work if it has other places to choose from.
Alright thanks for the help. I was thinking about moving around the opposite side of where the RG lives right now.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea no problem a good option may be to rearrange some of the rocks the day you get your fish to disorientate the basslet so they both have to find new homes.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea no problem a good option may be to rearrange some of the rocks the day you get your fish to disorientate the basslet so they both have to find new homes.
That’s a good idea. Make him feel less at home so maybe he won’t think it’s “his” territory anymore. Meaning all the rocks.

jamescrews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you are getting close to your biological cap. I like to use an inch per gallon as a rule of thumb. I had a biocube with very similar stocking but I had a sex line wrasse instead. Very cool fish and I would highly recommend it!

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say you are getting close to your biological cap. I like to use an inch per gallon as a rule of thumb. I had a biocube with very similar stocking but I had a sex line wrasse instead. Very cool fish and I would highly recommend it!
I was thinking I was close why i wanted to see what others said about if I could add anything else. I was thinking about getting a six-line wrasse, but i heard they become pretty aggressive when they get older. Also not sure how the RG and six-line wrasse will get along.

jamescrews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking I was close why i wanted to see what others said about if I could add anything else. I was thinking about getting a six-line wrasse, but i heard they become pretty aggressive when they get older. Also not sure how the RG and six-line wrasse will get along.
That is a good point. I always try to add fish like into the system last. Do you have a place you could separate the fish if they were to get after each other?

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a good point. I always try to add fish like into the system last. Do you have a place you could separate the fish if they were to get after each other?
No sadly I dont have a quarantine tank. Might try rearranging my rocks though if i do end up getting a wrasse.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a royal gramma in my tank. Do you think the wrasse and royal gramma will fight? Since they both like to go in and out of the rocks. I just thought about this.
No, fairy wrasses are not ggresive and royal grammas are fine as long as they get their own little spot.

AtulR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the ideas on wrasses. I do plan to get a bigger tank in a year or two. Do they grow slow? Hopefully I can get a bigger tank before they become full grown. because i know they need more swimming room than a 32G tank.

My advice is always to buy fish for the tank you have.. Almost always, life gets in the way and tank upgrades seldom happen. Once you have that new shiny tank, put the fish that can exist in it!

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend a flasher wrasse, they are quite speedy and want a bit more room to run.

The fairy wrasse, such as a Lubbock's might be a better option. I have one that is docile and staying around 2.5"

Bangaii's can be territorial and it might cause some issues, especially if the clowns stake out space too. Furthermore, be certain it's a bonded pair if you end up getting two. I tried 3x unsuccessfully... Only have one as a result.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't recommend a flasher wrasse, they are quite speedy and want a bit more room to run.

The fairy wrasse, such as a Lubbock's might be a better option. I have one that is docile and staying around 2.5"

Bangaii's can be territorial and it might cause some issues, especially if the clowns stake out space too. Furthermore, be certain it's a bonded pair if you end up getting two. I tried 3x unsuccessfully... Only have one as a result.
ye the more I look into those fish the more I don’t want one. I think I’m gonna stick with find some type of fairy wrasse and that being my last fish. I don’t think I’m gonna get a Banggai cardinal.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back