32gallon biocube. Lighting solution.

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright wife has decided to look into all avenues of lighting. She may allow me to take the hood off if the light we get is worth it. So I will list the lights we are looking at and you guys/gals can tall me how you feel about it. 32gallon biocube.

Ai prime 16HD
Hydra 26HD
Hydra 32HD
RedSea 50
RedSea 90

The purpose of a new light would be to keep a mixed reef tank. We would like to grow anything and everything in our little tank. Would like to also be able to try and grow a clam. We want to have bright neon colors as well. Would like to make the corals have the brightest colors possible while also still growing. Slow growing is fine as along as everything looks beautiful, like in the picture I have included. (Picture included from Worldwidecorals.com)

2F3DF04E-6B47-437C-8F78-0748DF18141C.jpeg

reefcoralclam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright wife has decided to look into all avenues of lighting. She may allow me to take the hood off if the light we get is worth it. So I will list the lights we are looking at and you guys/gals can tall me how you feel about it. 32gallon biocube.

Ai prime 16HD
Hydra 26HD
Hydra 32HD
RedSea 50
RedSea 90

The purpose of a new light would be to keep a mixed reef tank. We would like to grow anything and everything in our little tank. Would like to also be able to try and grow a clam. We want to have bright neon colors as well. Would like to make the corals have the brightest colors possible while also still growing. Slow growing is fine as along as everything looks beautiful, like in the picture I have included. (Picture included from Worldwidecorals.com)

I have a 32 gallon biocube as well I have stock lighting and I’am growing sps two different types of bird nests monti cap two monti encrusting and this other sps don’t know the name and other lps and softies
but ism looking for a light upgrade too I started 6months ago. How did you get the hobby?

Hasstin

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ai prime 16HD
Hydra 26HD
Hydra 32HD
RedSea 50
RedSea 90

Hi I have 4 prime 16 over a 3ft tank running at 50%. I haven’t had a Red Sea led but I hear they are good also

139CC0D5-69FF-4F51-BA2B-5865460338A8.jpeg 28AF068C-C42B-4D84-A05F-EF0CA5AB8EBF.jpeg

OP
OP
MrDeathKills

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would keep the canopy and DIY something in there. Run do a 26HD, 2 primes or RB V2 16 inch for example.

The only issue with doing that is from some other peopleI have talked to have said that when you do that you need to take the lenses off of them. Which isn’t horrible or anything i just don’t know how beneficial it is. None of them have real. Numbers just able to show that it works on the tank.

Also what is that last light?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back