370 gallon stock list

marinemac1000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. i am currently cycling a 55 gallon and a 20 gallon tank. my 20 gallon will consist of 2 different breeds of clownfish and a mandarin goby. in about 6 month of so when the tank has matured a little more i will add a sea anemone. so for my 55g i want a dwarf fuzzy lion, snowflake eel, & a dogface puffer.

i know the eel and the puffer will eventually grow out of the 55 so i just found a really cool pool with transparent viewing panels on amazon and found myself in love with the product and price. the gallons are 370 and the dimensions are 80 x 56 x 24 inches.

with this new larger tank i will get no later than 6 months from now my question is could i add a bamboo shark, a stingray, a clown and picasso trigger? keep in mind my eel and puffer will also be added to this tank. is this way to many fish and way to many different fish who wouldn’t work?

also this would have to be outside since i have nowhere to put it in the house. i will get a tight lid and a heater for the winter but i’m still a little worried about the functionality of it being out doors. any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!!!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a recipe for a disaster to me. Outdoors creates a whole host of issues. Temp is one of them. Critters are another.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No experience in this sorry but my first thought was " tight fitting lid " so would need find another way for gas exchange and in hot weather getting rid of heat dissipation etc etc
And swings in temp could be all over the shop and not sure on your day/ night temps in summer and winter so would need to look into this and if transparent viewing panels,would be getting light all day long unless covered up at certain point off day.
But read a few big big tanks being outside but usually concrete.
But regards compatability of your livestock,maybe live Aquaria is a place to start as at bottom off each description off fish they have a compatibility chart.now if they got bamboo sharks and sting rays on their is different matter.
Im new to r2r so not even sure who to tag about your question.i know @jayhemdal works for a large aquarium or maybe im mistaken.
Wish you beat off luck and sounds like a cool project if dobe correctly

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. i am currently cycling a 55 gallon and a 20 gallon tank. my 20 gallon will consist of 2 different breeds of clownfish and a mandarin goby. in about 6 month of so when the tank has matured a little more i will add a sea anemone. so for my 55g i want a dwarf fuzzy lion, snowflake eel, & a dogface puffer.

i know the eel and the puffer will eventually grow out of the 55 so i just found a really cool pool with transparent viewing panels on amazon and found myself in love with the product and price. the gallons are 370 and the dimensions are 80 x 56 x 24 inches.

with this new larger tank i will get no later than 6 months from now my question is could i add a bamboo shark, a stingray, a clown and picasso trigger? keep in mind my eel and puffer will also be added to this tank. is this way to many fish and way to many different fish who wouldn’t work?

also this would have to be outside since i have nowhere to put it in the house. i will get a tight lid and a heater for the winter but i’m still a little worried about the functionality of it being out doors. any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated!!!
I don't think that will work. You'd have to do the engineering, but unless it is well insulated (think outdoor hot tub) you won't be able to keep it warm enough. My hot tub is in a 3 season room and it costs about $40/month to heat and filter it.

Bamboo sharks will outgrow that tank - try for a coral catshark instead.

I kept a 1500 gallon pool in my garage one winter to house some native fishes. It cracked my garage slab (sigh).

Jay

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something to keep in as well is that most heaters are designed to bring an aquarium temperature up to 78ish from ambient temperatures of around 72. Depending on how cold it gets outside where you are you would not be able to count on a typical aquarium heater to keep a safe and stable temperature.

fishfish2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think an outdoor pond is a good idea. also I feel like since a lot of saltwater fish are thin you wont see much from the top. i would just get a normal aquarium

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back