3D Printing thread

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several diffrences between them. So number menas size of pump for example 1200 = Jebao DC/DCS1200

I have also few fragholders,skimmer designs,
Ah no worries, did you have one for a DCS 6000 by any chance?

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying out some different materials for frag disc molds. I know TPU works great but it takes too long to print and cost too much.

I don't expect pla will hold up. Abs should do well but the stiffness is going to make removing discs difficult. Petg has some flex and higher temp resistance so it might be the best. If all else fails, I still have a few rolls of TPU floating around.
6f70b0571b0fed20a8f0b37504c54921.jpg

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to try TPU.

What brand do you use?
Hobby king had a huge sale a while ago. I got 5 rolls of some TPU that I don't remember the name of for $5/kg. It worked really well, though it's fairly stiff.

I've also used gizmo dorks TPU and it did fine.

Ninja flex is awesome but so expensive.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to replace a stepper driver on one of the ramps boards. No biggie, lots of extras floating around the shop. I forgot to adjust the voltage output for it and it was causing the extruder motor to overheat. Took me way too long to figure out what I did wrong.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came up in a PM suggestion for wider exposure on another forum, and I had forgotten about the post here. Anyone that has done testing with Red Sea or Hanna checkers will know what a pain safely drying out the cuvettes can be. I've almost broke some a few times from knocking them on a shelf.

Last month I got into the world of 3D printing, but couldn't find anything quite like I had wanted. The closest was for hanging single API cuvettes on a tank, so after some SketchUp work and a few sizing tests, the result is these:

cuvette_holder2
by Kyl, on Flickr

cuvette_holders
by Kyl, on Flickr

The STL files for both the Hanna and Red Sea versions (along with sizing test prints) are available to download on Thingiverse. One thing to note is that I'll be revising designs slightly when some more time becomes available. Temporary cap storage while drying will likely be included in a v2, but these currently work quite well for the main goal - securing the cuvettes while they dry out instead of falling and breaking.

Happy printing and reefing!
Hey guys, figured this is the easiest way. I've had some complaints through thingiverse about this scratching their cuvettes (which they bought from someone selling it on ebay, not printing their own). I stopped using the Hanna rack for that reason, so a big printer beware on using it for yourself. I've edited the original post to include this.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, figured this is the easiest way. I've had some complaints through thingiverse about this scratching their cuvettes (which they bought from someone selling it on ebay, not printing their own). I stopped using the Hanna rack for that reason, so a big printer beware on using it for yourself. I've edited the original post to include this.
I went this route for my drying rack. Fits everything.
643d56d0da7692bf3972a8694de572db.jpg

madox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah no worries, did you have one for a DCS 6000 by any chance?

Sorry I dont have this model, but when you disassamble it you can make it very easily. Design should be same just with small changes in dimensions.

rotor-dlya-pompy-dc6000dct6000.jpg

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went this route for my drying rack. Fits everything.
643d56d0da7692bf3972a8694de572db.jpg
Yeah I intended on re-doing it but then.. kind of lost interest in printing for quite a while after the Tevo started to self-destruct itself piece by piece.

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone print an Apex / Neptune EB832 mounting bracket? Mine broke.
I think it's against the R2R rules for people to sell anything 3D printed unless they are a R2R sponsor. So unless someone is willing to print you one for free the answer is likely no.

But if you have the 3D file (STL) then there are lots of online 3D printing services that can print things for you.

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I dont have this model, but when you disassamble it you can make it very easily. Design should be same just with small changes in dimensions.
No worries! I must have just misread your other post. But as you said, it's not a hard design, I already have the pump disassembled, I just haven't had time to draw up the CAD file :) I will get there eventually

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see this is being fixed since it really is no difference than someone selling frags from their frag tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back