dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes haha.

Anyway, I suggest 1/4”-20 threads. You really can’t break them accidentally

I appreciate it man. You, @Erica-Renee and @JDowns have really helped me out with 3d printing and design.

I got my 3rd printer last night. Will assemble tonight.

The next step is this fall I will get a prusa. I plan on printing a huge vamount of stuff for the LFS we are going to open and I will need the build volume and to be able to print flexible filament reliably.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look, in my defense, I am just learning to model.

Heck, you should see how bad I am at taking photos. (@crusso1993 shut up!)

So, are you trying to tell us that you're modeling now? Are you the "before" model in all the ads? Oh, um, you meant 3D modeling?
(See how I didn't mention your lack of photo taking skills!)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a vertical frag rack a few weeks ago, forgot to post it.
235f3c9f5a120a40afaea54ec8166938.jpg

I do like that idea a lot, to try with my small Acro frags. Have the STL?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally received my voucher to purchase the powder coated plate for the printer that I ordered 1/4/2018.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if already posted, but has anyone 3d printed any of the xf350 style hood/flow directors that will fit a gyre xf250? If so. Take my money
Me too! Although I'd need them to fit a XF230. I actually took some pictures and measurements of a XF330 shroud with the intent of trying to model it, but have not gotten to it yet.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if already posted, but has anyone 3d printed any of the xf350 style hood/flow directors that will fit a gyre xf250? If so. Take my money

I wanted to make them after seeing the new one, but unfortunately I just have the Jebao knockoff gyres. Dunno if it would fit properly.

gmneil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so as of today and with the reefing hobby in mind, what would be the recommendation of a good 3d printer to get, I have been researching but there are so many options I have no clue what would be a good choice.

Brad Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isnt reef related but i do have a 125 gallon reef tank :)

My question is im trying to design a small part for my golf cart. Its actually battery terminal covers.

What software could i do something like this in? I have a 3d printer already but never go into the design side of things.

Thanks!

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isnt reef related but i do have a 125 gallon reef tank :)

My question is im trying to design a small part for my golf cart. Its actually battery terminal covers.

What software could i do something like this in? I have a 3d printer already but never go into the design side of things.

Thanks!
Fusion 360 is one of the best, and it's free for hobbyists (I think in Fusion they are now called "start up companies" but it is still free).

Watch a few of this guys videos (and design along with him) and you will have the basics down in a couple of hours!

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so as of today and with the reefing hobby in mind, what would be the recommendation of a good 3d printer to get, I have been researching but there are so many options I have no clue what would be a good choice.
I agree with what Dantimdad said. If price isn't an issue then the Prusa is one of the best (I'd still suggest a kit though. It will take a little while to put together but you can't put a price on knowing how something works and how to fix it easily). But if you are prepared to put some time and effort in (which will pay off big time in the long run with 3D printing) then bang for buck you can't go past the ender 3 these days

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have said. You can't get muchore for the money than an ender 3but the prusa is a slice of heaven with how easy it is to use and the quality of prints it produces.

None of it is idiot proof though. There is a lot to understand with setting files up for printing, I compare it to learning how to keep a reef tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back