3D Printing thread

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going so well..... fully automatic production system that slides the part off and starts again. Software side is complete, just have some special material on the way for the belt. @dantimdad gonna be drop-in bed replacement for ender 3

TK8Y9wv.jpg

Older testing photo- not the actual belt, that’s coming soon. This was before I made the motor mount:
J5UYnOP.jpg

Scary chicken, and a rough fusion 360 model. Bed height (beneath upper belt) will be adjustable at 4 corners, for leveling and also tensioning the system.
FgnLvK7.jpg

Last edited:

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool. Have seen some of those on youtube and looks like a fun project. The blackbelt is probably the most industrial version of this that I've seen. That thing is an amazing printer

U

User1

View Badges
So for those of you with 3 printers or more what is in production? Still new to all of this but was just crossing my mind to ask - although if you have to ask, right???

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, I am working on several ideas for thing that need magnets embedded in them.

How do you embed magnets? I want to use N51 or 52 so they will need to be waterproofed somehow. Suggestions?

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going so well..... fully automatic production system that slides the part off and starts again. Software side is complete, just have some special material on the way for the belt. @dantimdad gonna be drop-in bed replacement for ender 3

TK8Y9wv.jpg

Older testing photo- not the actual belt, that’s coming soon. This was before I made the motor mount:
J5UYnOP.jpg

Scary chicken, and a rough fusion 360 model. Bed height (beneath upper belt) will be adjustable at 4 corners, for leveling and also tensioning the system.
FgnLvK7.jpg

I somehow missed this.

This would be incredible for those of us with just two printers but orders for parts that could print overnight.

Please keep me posted @TheHarold !

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang, I am working on several ideas for thing that need magnets embedded in them.

How do you embed magnets? I want to use N51 or 52 so they will need to be waterproofed somehow. Suggestions?
I did some testing for about 6 months. I tried enclosing them in the print and several of them leaked, even with 100% infill and over extrusion. I tried sealing in silicone and I though it looked like crap.

I ended up just paying extra for epoxy coated magnets designed for aquarium use. I've been happy with the results.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When I did the new mount for the Nero 5's I used magnets from K&J that already had a rubberized coating. Then printed an enclosure out of PETG that was slightly larger, then encased the magnet in the enclosure with an epoxy resin. I left a hole in the top to pour the final amount of epoxy in and to allow air to escape. Sand the top down after curing and that magnet will never ever rust.

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 11.49.25 AM.png

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the new maxspect gyre pumps have shield deflectors built onto them that make the water coming out of the cage go a specific direction. anyone know if these are for sale somewhere for an icecap 3k or if anyone can print them?

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have also seen/tried using magnets exposed so you can see the wear and tear on it. This way if it starts to corrode you can pull and replace.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back