3D Printing thread

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ABS is fine, theres always the question of what additives they may have used but if you know what type of filament was used you could find out. I wouldn't worry about it myself unless it was a specialty blend for the ABS claiming to be more flexible or stronger. That would mean something else is mixed in and I would want to know what it is.

GrizFyrFyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a vendor ask me to make him something to hold torch/frogspawn/hammer corals up and wasn't pvc pipes.

Put a hole is a skull model. Printed and used that to make a silicone mold.

First casting went well.
82b0f0160d7498f408c48b0b130fe9e6.jpg

MaccaPopEye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef-pi build has been held up for a little while but I finished designing and printed the main hosing a while ago. I figured even though I haven't got time to build it right now someone else might appreciate the files. So I have uploaded the files for the main brain housing to Thingi for anyone who is interested in making it or even remixing it!

I have uploaded 2 versions.
The first version is how I plan to use it. It has stand off mounts built in for a Raspberry-pi and a half size proto board plus an assortment of I/O ports that I plan to use. These files can be found here (as always F360 files are included):
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3659860

The second version is an enclosure with a blank I/O panel and it only has stand off mounts for a Raspberry-pi and that is it. This version will be way easier for people to customize and remix with only the sketch and extrude tools in F360! You can easily add I/O ports or stand off mounts for anything you want in the enclosure :) This is perfect for many of the wicked reef-pi hats available now, The internal dimensions are 179.9mm(L) x 141.25mm(W) x 63.5mm(H) and the files can be found here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3660375

Cheers,

Macca

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don't understand adhesion issues. I really have never, unless the bed isn't level, had a problem getting something to stick.

If you take time to tune things...

I think newbies will touch the bed when removing things, and get skin-oils on it. But agreed, a clean bed and reasonable leveling makes life easy.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef-pi build has been held up for a little while but I finished designing and printed the main hosing a while ago. I figured even though I haven't got time to build it right now someone else might appreciate the files. So I have uploaded the files for the main brain housing to Thingi for anyone who is interested in making it or even remixing it!

I have uploaded 2 versions.
The first version is how I plan to use it. It has stand off mounts built in for a Raspberry-pi and a half size proto board plus an assortment of I/O ports that I plan to use. These files can be found here (as always F360 files are included):
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3659860

The second version is an enclosure with a blank I/O panel and it only has stand off mounts for a Raspberry-pi and that is it. This version will be way easier for people to customize and remix with only the sketch and extrude tools in F360! You can easily add I/O ports or stand off mounts for anything you want in the enclosure :) This is perfect for many of the wicked reef-pi hats available now, The internal dimensions are 179.9mm(L) x 141.25mm(W) x 63.5mm(H) and the files can be found here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3660375

Cheers,

Macca
Great work Macca! I will definitely be using it when I get a chance to start a reef pi!

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, have you guys upgraded to cura 4? (Those that use it)

I printed the same thing in the previous version and it looks better reslicing it in 4. Same filament, printer, settings, etc.

Been using cura 4 for a bit. but i had a profile corruption issue a few times . Luckily for backups .

Ichthus1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to make this to hold my new par sensor. I attached the printed parts to a piece of 1/2" diameter hollow acrylic rod. The screw and nut are stainless steel. The sensor can be mounted in either direction for getting into tight spots. There is a hole in the bottom mount that allows water to fill the tube as it enters the water, so it doesn't float.
20190601_095213a.jpg
20190601_095230a.jpg
20190601_095242a.jpg
20190601_100652a.jpg

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I have 1k to spend on a printer. 3 Ender 5's, 1 Prusa MK3s, or something else?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here make power supply brick mounts, brackets or holders etc.? Or have a file of one you're willing to share?

I make fancy ones lol. But it depends on the device; dunno if i have one modeled for what you need.

jYGh50J.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back