4 Bulb T5 bulb combo?

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a 6 bulb tek light but only running 4 of the bulbs. Right now I have all Giesemann bulbs. 1 Agua Blue (white), 2 Actinic + (blue), and 1 Pure Actinic (purple).

Want to know if I should change any of the the bulbs. Thinking about running 2 Actinic + and 1 Pure Actinic. Is that gonna mess up growth at all or will it stop growth completely?

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more blue you put on the lower the par your light is going to put out, thus leading to slower growth. What size tank is it and just out of curiosity why arn't you running the other 2 bulbs?

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fixture is a 6x39watt ten light. The tank it is on now is only a 29gallon. Figured running all 6 bulbs is overkill. I have a 46 gallon bowfront that is my fish only. The light is going on that tank when I get the money to upgrade it. I could not say no to the price of the light fixture.

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see, Yeah that would be overkill, I generally don't use giesman bubls in the store, we used to stock them but them found a better bulb. We use the Korallen-Zuct bulbs. They work great, grow good, and look good! If you do decide to try KZ bulbs I would do 2 superblue 1 fiji pruple 1 new generation. IME I think that is the best combo with kz bulbs.

Tyrrell109

Wet Behind The Ears
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning on getting a API 4 bulb fixture for my 29 HQI, (mainly chalices and other lps)so any info is appreciated.
Stephen

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been playing around with ATI bulbs in my 4x 24" tek and have finally settled on 3x Blue Plus and 1x KZ Fiji Purple

I don't really like aquablue specialz bulb, it is just too white for me

cvasaltyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you check a website by a guy they call grimereeper he goes over some good combos using ati and geismeen(sp) bulbs. After looking at his site im going with 2- ati 54w blue plus 1- ati 54w purple plus and 1- ati 54w 12000k aquablue plus. Ati bulbs from what I have read has the best par ratings out of all of them and geismeen and kz are supposed to be really good to.

sent from my hand held computer

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geissman bulbs... yuck! The ATI and KZ bulbs are so much nicer with more pop! I would run 3 ATI Blue plus and either a Aquablue special or a Purple plus for the fourth. Blue plus have very decent PAR

ATI true actinic looks horrible IMO

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switched from Geissman bulbs to ATI Bulbs and it was a huge difference.

The ATI Bulbs really bring out the colors

cvasaltyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new ati bulbs on wednesday and love the way they bring out colors esspecially with just the blue+ and the purple+ really brings out the reds the tank looks awesome now compaired to the combo that came with the light fixture.

sent from my hand held computer

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 42.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back