OP
OP
Triggerfish124

Triggerfish124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my understanding that you could potentially de-rim the top of the 40b, but under no circumstances should you de-rim the bottom, as the water pressure will cause the silicone bond to break.

If we're talking about a few millimeters of space needed, I'd get out a chisel or sanding block and take it out of the stand.

Also, OP, can we get photos of the single Goldfish in the 90 gallon?
Sure, water is cloudy though and he decided he's camera shy so not great pictures. Added some carbon blocks to the filter to help with the water clarity.

Attachments

• 20220506_115118.jpg
    20220506_115118.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
Triggerfish124

Triggerfish124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think the Goldfish is a good test. When I was a Teen, Carp could be seen swimming in the Missouri and the Mississippi Rivers. Signs all over the place, not to even put your little toe in the water. Also worked on boilers at sewage treatment plants, and there were goldfish and carp living in the various tanks.
Perhaps, was thinking about putting a betta in there with the goldfish but people seem to think comets should only be with comets. I've been checking the water daily for components of the nitrate cycle and ph. Ph needs work, too low for goldfish, but Nitrates are 0, Nitrites are 0, Ammonia seems to be climbing but that's expected from having a goldfish and a quarantine tank without an established filter. It got up around 1.25 yesterday so removed 10 gallons (only have 30g in there atm) and I just added another 5 because I changed the mechanic filtration component and needed some more water for the filter to be completely submerged. All in all, I think that's pretty good since this is the 5th day he's been in there. I might buy a different fish and quarantine it in there after the goldfish, and the tank I'm upgrading I only have an orchid dottyback and black ocellaris I will ne moving into the 90 gallon, so will probably add a damsel first, probably a false yellowtail.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back