OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you deal with the water level when it turns on and off. Been wanting to try running mine part time too

The water line in my sump just change a little bit. It's doesn't bother anything.
One thing with skimmer is they randomly overflowed at night (does it happen to you guys?). It has not happened with this skimmer since I own it (about 1 year).

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking about overflowing, I cleaned mine a few days ago before work, came back home and mine almost overflowed. But my water level changes too much when my skimmer turns and off.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking about overflowing, I cleaned mine a few days ago before work, came back home and mine almost overflowed. But my water level changes too much when my skimmer turns and off.

It hurt a lot more when your dark-dry-nasty skimmate almost full and the skimmers decide to dumb it back to the sump.
Your sump must be small? Have you try skim dry? When you do so, the water in skimmer is not higher than the sump water too much.
Anyway, why you are worry about the sump water line? If the skimmer off, a little more water in the sump doesn't hurt anything.[emoji848]

Last edited:

kazikage42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hurt a lot more when your dark-dry-nasty skimmate almost full and the skimmers decide to dumb it back to the sump.
Your sump must be small? Have you try skim dry? When you do so, the water in skimmer is not higher than the sump water too much.
Anyway, why you are worry about the sump water line? If the skimmer off, a little more water in the sump doesn't hurt anything.[emoji848]
BC I think it may have an affect on my salinity and i can't get my skimmer to skim dry to save my life lols I've tried lowering it and it still skims on the wet side. My sump is a triggers Ruby cube with my skimmer is a vertex omega 130.

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home today after work, there was smoke everywhere, and the heavy smell of plastic burned in my room.
Turn out the tank was overflowing, and the water drip to the powerstrip.
Luckily there was only maximum 4gallons of water in my ato reservoir at that time. When I cleaned up everything and turned the main pump on again, the sump water was very high, so I assumed only 1~2 gallon of water made it to the carpet.
However, it scared the crap put of me. Seriously I'm still shaking at this moment.

My tank doesn't have emergency drain, but I have a float connected to my apex that support to shut the pump off when tank overflowed. Well, it didn't work today, neither was my smoke alarm!

IMG_5518.JPG

Now I just hope the salinity swing doesn't kill my acros. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

oceanslide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home today after work, there was smoke everywhere, and the heavy smell of plastic burned in my room.
Turn out the tank was overflowing, and the water drip to the powerstrip.
Luckily there was only maximum 4gallons of water in my ato reservoir at that time. When I cleaned up everything and turned the main pump on again, the sump water was very high, so I assumed only 1~2 gallon of water made it to the carpet.
However, it scared the crap put of me. Seriously I'm still shaking at this moment.

My tank doesn't have emergency drain, but I have a float connected to my apex that support to shut the pump off when tank overflowed. Well, it didn't work today, neither was my smoke alarm!

IMG_5518.JPG

Now I just hope the salinity swing doesn't kill my acros. [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Dang sorry, man that's terrible. Hope everything survives

OP
OP
Mr V

Mr V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just test the salinity. Around 33~34.

Everything seems fine, just stress a bit ( no pe). But the fact that I almost burned the house make me sleepless today.
Even though it will be noisy, I think I should leave the drain full open from now on.

Latinreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about the power strip, I almost had a similar situation so what I did was mount all my eb8's from my apex system upside down so water won't drip into them. I use a avast davy jones skim mate locker, this will shut off my skimmer if it gets full so it won't overflow into my sump. GL

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wake up today in a very good mood!
Turn out this acro I have is WWC what the heck.
31614191192_ffc4113b3c_o.jpg

Even nicer, the seller offer a Pink Floyd for free to correct his mistake!
[emoji320] [emoji320] [emoji320]

That's awesome... and I'll take this one if you don't want it! ;)

Roryf96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is:
IMG_5418.JPG

Last three tests came up with:
- 25-50ppm NO3 (Salufert)
- 0ppm (Hana Phosphorus checker)

I couldn't explain the numbers so I stop testing them (since September)

Since I don't run any reactor and I feed my corals every day I suspect that my nutrient is very high!

What t5 fixtures are they? Interested in doing the same

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back