OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update? Any potential in getting a blue spot?
I've been advised against a blue spot but some of the experts here, they do really poorly in captivity from everyone I've heard unfortunately. So I'll be sticking to California and Cortez! My one ray is doing awesome (outside of eating 2 clowns, a engineer goby, diamond goby, and royal Gramma all from my other tank... Didn't think he could even fit them in his mouth but he got all of them in a day)

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210806_170516.jpg

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been advised against a blue spot but some of the experts here, they do really poorly in captivity from everyone I've heard unfortunately. So I'll be sticking to California and Cortez! My one ray is doing awesome (outside of eating 2 clowns, a engineer goby, diamond goby, and royal Gramma all from my other tank... Didn't think he could even fit them in his mouth but he got all of them in a day)
what about shovelnose or thornback guitarfish? California and cortez are glorious

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about shovelnose or thornback guitarfish? California and cortez are glorious
Honestly had never seen those! They look rad but pushing the bounds on size, 30 inches is pretty big in a 9ft tank. They might work but it'd be a little tight and i like to err on the side of extra room rather than too little. This tank was about as big as i could fit in my house but maybe some day i'll get a huge one in the thousands of gallons

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly had never seen those! They look rad but pushing the bounds on size, 30 inches is pretty big in a 9ft tank. They might work but it'd be a little tight and i like to err on the side of extra room rather than too little. This tank was about as big as i could fit in my house but maybe some day i'll get a huge one in the thousands of gallons
always a good mindset to have hats off to you

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, have you considered adding these?
Atlantic stingray (Hypanus sabinus) https://gulfspecimen.org/specimen/fish/sharks-and-rays/
Lesser electric ray (Narcine bancroftii or Narcine brasiliensis) https://gulfspecimen.org/specimen/fish/sharks-and-rays/
Yellow stingray (Urobatis jamaicensis) https://www.sharksupply.com/availab_ility.htm
Chilean round ray (Urotrygon chilensis)
Epaulette shark (Hemiscyllium ocellatum)
It might be hard to get the electric ray feeding.
Those are all cool suggestions, thanks! I'll research them a big more. Obviously size and hardiness is a big factor in the home aquarium. I want things that will thrive and I hate keeping fish that are hard to keep alive since I feel terrible when they die. As far as sharks epaulettes are an option but also pushing size, my preference would be coral cat sharks or some in the same catsharks family

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back