6 g JBJ Help

Wrigley&Ivy17

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2021
Messages
111
Reaction score
64
Location
Central
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have a 6 g JBJ nano tank on my office desk. It has 5lbs of live rock and sand in it. I think my office must be turning the a/c off on the weekends because when I walked it today the temp was 82.3! It was 78 when I left Friday afternoon. Lights are on a timer. Any ideas on maintaining a lower temp or do I just need to take it home while I know I can regulate the temp. Do they make nano chillers for these guys. Any advice is appreciated.
 
More surface agitation or a fan blowing on the surface could do it. Will result in more evaporation though
 
Hey all,
I have a 6 g JBJ nano tank on my office desk. It has 5lbs of live rock and sand in it. I think my office must be turning the a/c off on the weekends because when I walked it today the temp was 82.3! It was 78 when I left Friday afternoon. Lights are on a timer. Any ideas on maintaining a lower temp or do I just need to take it home while I know I can regulate the temp. Do they make nano chillers for these guys. Any advice is appreciated.

I would run the flow towards the top, with that being said if the temp in the room has no A/C and its hot then obviously the temp will rise.

They do make nano chillers and they aren't cheap whatsoever I would look into maybe a fan to blow on top of the water if you keep having issues.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new