6 g JBJ Help

Wrigley&Ivy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have a 6 g JBJ nano tank on my office desk. It has 5lbs of live rock and sand in it. I think my office must be turning the a/c off on the weekends because when I walked it today the temp was 82.3! It was 78 when I left Friday afternoon. Lights are on a timer. Any ideas on maintaining a lower temp or do I just need to take it home while I know I can regulate the temp. Do they make nano chillers for these guys. Any advice is appreciated.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More surface agitation or a fan blowing on the surface could do it. Will result in more evaporation though

Kirch899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have a 6 g JBJ nano tank on my office desk. It has 5lbs of live rock and sand in it. I think my office must be turning the a/c off on the weekends because when I walked it today the temp was 82.3! It was 78 when I left Friday afternoon. Lights are on a timer. Any ideas on maintaining a lower temp or do I just need to take it home while I know I can regulate the temp. Do they make nano chillers for these guys. Any advice is appreciated.

I would run the flow towards the top, with that being said if the temp in the room has no A/C and its hot then obviously the temp will rise.

They do make nano chillers and they aren't cheap whatsoever I would look into maybe a fan to blow on top of the water if you keep having issues.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 128 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back