Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CBB out and part of community now

Dinos still lingering... went blue lights , cut algae wall left side. Dumped skimmer last night. And cleaned everything in the sump. To put it all back in the system. Corals loved it.

Dinos didn't seem to be impacted today so scrubbed them all off...

I don't have an actual ID because microscope is meh. Idk if I can even get a good picture

PXL_20240102_201712269.jpg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want an arrow so bad. But they aren't reef safe. They are the coolest things. Maybe I just need a bigger sump.
I had one in my 20g that got upgraded into the 90 - it kept harassing my marine betta once I added him, picking at his fins. Eventually B got fed up and turned around and ate him :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Masstick came finally there's some on the glass. Hope out guy gets excited for it.

Yellow coris got excited and jumped out of the tank as I was putting it on the glass. I scooped him back up and said calm down...

Dinos still lingering..... Nutrients good today again. Been up for a good week now.

Copper band I think is hunting pods

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1704434104281.png

Increased strength of dosing 1/2/24 is working. Ran all blues today and no display fuge on. I wouldnt mind having my nice daylight back.

Mud and sand comes Monday. Planning to dunk that and fingers crossed we dont see dino bubbles anymore.
What kind of mud? Make sure you grab a magnet and pull all the flakes out of it if it's Aqua Forest ( purple bag)

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of mud? Make sure you grab a magnet and pull all the flakes out of it if it's Aqua Forest ( purple bag)
Might be worth it to do it no matter what brand. I don't recall which I used but it wasn't aqua forest and I still ended up with elevated metals until I pulled it all out.

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
florida pets, from keys I have gotten it before Eagle Steve suggested. Have been waiting a couple months for restock. Ill see what comes from it. THe AF mud, I read its basalt that has magnetic properties, its not metal, but will get stuck to pumps etc. So magnet as much out is good.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back